Monday, January 2, 2012

Well, hello 2012!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
We have a pretty good NYE tradition of getting together with our group of friends from college.  Some of them have moved away, but we are usually able to get the group together pretty well.  These picture's were taken at my friends' house.  I absolutely love her decor!

I didn't have anything super sparkly and festive, and we are pretty low-key, so I wanted to be comfortable.  I decided to keep it simple with jeans and a new top. 

 I added some fun jewelry to be a little more festive:
Ring from InPink.com
 
So, it is that time of year when we get a fresh start and people like to make resolutions.  I generally avoid doing this, because I tend to rebel against my own resolutions.  So here are just a few things I'd like to do in 2012, you know, if I feel like it:
  1. Be more active!  This is the number one most lame NY resolution ever, but it's true.  I sit at a desk all day, and then come home and blog/watch TV/read books.  I need to get moving!!  I am trying to take advantage of Groupon deals to mix things up a bit.  In November and December, I had a one month pass to a local dance studio and went to about 3 Zumba classes each week.  It was really fun and an awesome workout.  I have another Groupon to a gym in town that I have to activate by January 25th.  One of my work friends has the same deal, so we are going to try some of the group classes.  We were planning on starting up at the beginning of January, but decided to wait a couple weeks so we aren't part of the mass start up on January 1.  Maybe by the time we start, the other newbies will have given up already!
  2. Be a more discerning shopper!  More on this later, but I think I am probably going to do some kind of break from shopping for a few months. See now non-committal I already am?  (think, probably, some kind, few months).  I'm still working out what my rules will be. 
  3. Be a better wife!  Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation.  I'm really terrible at this, and we end up eating out at restaurants way too frequently.  I'm trying out Pepperplate, so maybe that will help.  If anyone has awesome/easy recipes, send them my way!
  4. Be more creative!  Starting this blog was part of this goal, but I want to do more sewing and projects.  I have a bunch of ideas from Pinterest and other blogs, so I am excited to sit down and try them myself.  
Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts for the new year.  I think 2012 is going to be pretty awesome!  
One more picture from NYE.  I couldn't resist using the orange phone as a prop. 


Top:  Gap
Cardigan:  Loft
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Gap
Ring:  InPink
Necklace:  bday gift from my in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment