Thursday, March 5, 2015
Do you ever have an outfit where the color combination seems perfect, but then the outfit itself just kind of falls flat? That's how I felt about this outfit back in December. So I tried the navy/gingham/tan combo in a different outfit and I think it is much better! Maybe just because I love dresses so much, or that you can see a little more of the gingham shirt? I think the belt definitely helps.
Anyway, I like this one better than the other one.
Dress: Loft Maternity
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
It's March, which means I have plus or minus 2 months before Baby Smith arrives. So there's that. I'm sure no one is ever really ready, but I'm not feeling too panicked (most of the time). Today, I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for what I'm currently doing (spoiler alert - it's mostly baby-related):
Dreaming - oh, so many weird dreams right now! I've always had weird dreams, but pregnancy has really upped the ante. Oh wait, is this supposed to be more like what I'm dreaming of happening soon or something? Well, okay then - I'm dreaming of how much my life is about to change, and how wonderful and scary that is all at the same time.
Planning - have I mentioned my enormous baby spreadsheet? I'm usually a pretty go with the flow personality, but this kid has me on my A game. I have timelines, task lists, packing lists, gift/thank you lists, and freezer meal recipe lists. It's a bit crazy, but I think it helps me feel more prepared and in control of the situation. Otherwise, I could see myself going forgetting some important things!
Making - things for the baby's room! I've done some random crafty projects, and I made curtains this weekend. I bought a plain white lamp shade that I want to paint something on, but I can't decide just yet. It might have to wait until the rest of the room is more put together.
Baking - I haven't had a lot of cravings during pregnancy, but for the last week or so, I have just really wanted some cake, like a boring white cake with home-made buttercream frosting. So I made one this weekend and it is delicious. I hope that satisfies the craving for awhile, and I don't feel compelled to keep baking cakes!
Cardigan: Gap outlet
Scarf: cruise souvenir shop
Dress: Loft outlet
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
I'm so far behind on blogging outfits, I'm going to combine a couple today! I hope no one still thinks that horizontal stripes are unflattering, but I've heard it here and there over the years, especially about pregnant women. Like really? Do these stripes make my baby look fat? Wait - don't answer that.
Anyway, if you've been reading around here very long (or at all), you probably know I'm fully on-board the stripes train. Preferably with another print or pattern in the same outfit.
And in case you are interested, this is my view these days (or actually, from about a week ago). I can still see my ankles, you guys!
Tee: Old Navy
Pants: Old Navy maternity
Cardigan: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Monday, March 2, 2015
Well, happy March. I hope this means that the snow will be melting soon and that we won't be getting more. This is not a reasonable expectation, but a girl can dream, right? Or at least maybe the temperature will be warm enough for me to skip tights more often? That's more likely.
Anyway, this is one of the sweaters that my MIL bought me for Christmas. I've probably worn it 5 times, but never gotten pictures. It's one of those items that I grab when I want to be comfortable but still look like I'm trying a bit, add jeans and boots, and I am good to go. But it was begging to be paired with some color, so I went with the obvious choice of cobalt.
Sweater: Old Navy Maternity
Skirt: Old Navy
Saturday, February 28, 2015
In February 2013, I didn't even make a budget collage, because I just bought 2 dresses before I made that post, and then I bought a couple other things that I mentioned in the March post. For the rewind, I'm including all of the things I technically bought in February, and I made a little makeshift collage for this post.
- Limited Striped Dress: $18 (originally $98) - Oh how I love this dress! I've worn it so much and still love it.
- Kohl's dress: $6.40 (originally $64) - plus I had a gift card, so it was free. I wore this dress a few times before the seam ripped, and then I turned it into a top, which I still like quite a bit. So bummer that it was poor quality, but I think I'll continue to wear the top.
There are no medium or bad things for this month. I have extreme feelings about these things. And what have we learned? I like dresses and I shouldn't panic and buy stupid things before vacation, except awesome shorts.
Friday, February 27, 2015
Last February, I didn't do a whole lot of shopping. Just a few things to review:
- Target Workout tanks: $13 each - well, I don't blog my workout gear, so you'll just have to take my word that I've worn these quite a bit. I was just super happy to find sleeveless workout tops that weren't super skimpy or lowcut. And these have been perfect!
- Lands End Tankini Top (here and here): $60 each - planned to only keep one, and ended up returning this one, as it was way too low cut!) - I wore the one I kept on vacation and it was just okay. And then I haven't gone swimming much. I hope this will be a swim top I can continue to wear, as it's a pretty classic style, but time will tell. I just really hate how expensive supportive swimsuit tops can be!
- Target Sailboat print tank: $6 (originally $20) - I was going to put this in the good category, and then I searched my archives and it looks like I've only blogged it once. Surely I have worn it more than that, right? I think. I don't know. But I still have it and still like it and hope I can wear it some this summer!
So nothing in the bad or ugly categories, which is pretty great!
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Well, I'm still working through neglected items, which brings me to this scarf! My sister-in-law gave it to me for my birthday a couple years ago and I thought it was so fun and I could just wear it with all the colors! And then? I don't know. It must have gotten buried under all the other scarves and therefore neglected. Have I really only worn it once? Not cool!
I was anxious to wear my new maternity dress from Loft, and I think they look quite nice together. Add a cardigan for warmth, and a belt for the PMT challenge this week, and I think I have a winning combination.
Here's a close-up, so you can see the elephants better, and you can also see the quiltiness of my dress.
Cardigan: Gap outlet
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Dress: Loft Maternity
Leggings: Old Navy