Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Checking in from the hottest June I can remember. We just keep having these 90+ degree days, and I think I might die. These pics are just from a week ago. We went out to dinner for my SIL's birthday, and then came back to our house for presents and cupcakes and played Harry Potter Clue. It was more complicated than regular clue. John and I were a team because it only allows for 5 players. We had a lot of trouble with our dice rolls, and doors being closed (one of the HP differences), so we only got to make 1 guess! But we were still very good detectives and knew the person and the weapon, so I felt like we did okay.
I've been the worst at taking outfit photos. I mean, I am pretty casual most days, but I get dressed nicer on Sundays and never remember to take pictures. We also had a wedding about a week ago, and of course, I didn't get any pictures. Poor second baby is already getting less documentation.
Plus it's harder to take pictures of myself when I have a little helper. He is very very interested in the tripod and wants to knock it over. Or he wants to go diving off the deck stairs, or find something dangerous to play with. Punishment involves being featured in a picture.
Top: ON Maternity
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
How is June halfway over already? I'm not ready for July to be here, because that means Baby2 is coming very very soon. Yikes! I need to get my act together!
Here's another outfit from a month ago. I was 30 weeks at the time, and am 34 now. Maybe I've just forgotten how big I was last time, but I feel significantly more enormous right now than I remember feeling during my last pregnancy. And I can't really imagine was 6 more weeks is going to be like.
We've been pretty busy lately, with visitors and appointments and weddings and birthdays, and then just general stuff like when can I make it to the grocery store when it's 100 degrees outside?? And I was really hoping for a pleasant summer. NOPE!
Thursday, June 9, 2016
These shorts were a favorite last summer, both before and after Mr. Baby was born. I've already worn them a bunch again this summer. But I've learned that when you are due in July, you need more shorts and tank tops than when you are due in May, so I've had to do some additional maternity shopping. And I'm also much bigger this time around, so some of my maternity shorts are getting uncomfortable. Not cool! Luckily, these seem to have plenty of stretch, so I think they should last me through. 6 more weeks!!
Tank: Kohl's maternity
Shorts: Loft maternity
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Hey, the weeks are flying by and I'm going to have a baby next month! Yikes! Things are going generally pretty well. A few highlights from recent weeks:
- I spent my first overnight away from Mr. Baby! We figured we needed to have a practice run before baby2 arrives. Pretty sure it was harder on me than on him! Plus we stayed in a hotel downtown, which was probably a mistake. The barhoppers were loud at 2am, and then a trash truck was loud at 6am, so my big dreams of sleeping extra weren't necessarily a reality!
- Mr. Baby and I started swim lessons. I use "lessons" pretty loosely, but hey, it's an excuse to go to the pool and play around. Plus I look really cute in a swimsuit at 8 months pregnant (I'm joking, I look ridiculous).
- My mom has been in town for the last week or so. We've gotten quite a bit done. We made a bunch of freezer meals. John and I are getting close to done with baby2's room. Plus Mr. Baby is having fun with an extra grown-up around to play with him.
This outfit is from mid-May, so I'm not quite a month behind at this point. Maybe I'll even get my act together and post twice this week! No promises though!
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Continuing the trend of posting outfits a month after I wear them...
This skirt is the last of my items from Bella Gravida. I really liked getting some fun maternity clothes, and probably would have kept it if I was still working. But as I've said a million times, being a SAHM, I really don't need pretty skirts and dresses very often.
After doing a few months of LeTote, and now doing a couple months of Bella Gravida, I guess I should compare the two. Of course, if you aren't pregnant, the Bella Gravida review isn't particularly relevant, but maybe it will be helpful in the future. So I guess I'll just break out my favorite things about each option:
Bella Gravida wins at:
- Actual clothes - I generally liked almost everything that they sent me. Your account has a closet that you put things in, and they only send you things from the closet. Sizes were somewhat limited, so I ended up putting things that I was kind of iffy about in my closet, but everything they sent me fit and I actually wore! LeTote sent me quite a few things that either didn't fit at all, or I didn't like the style of and just sent back. Also, most of the clothes I got from BG were new with tags! Probably because they are a newer company, but still, it was awesome!
- Rotation timing - shipping seemed faster, and they would start preparing your new items when you notified them that the others were on the way back. The turnaround was MUCH faster than with LeTote. They also sent items in separate boxes with separate return envelopes, so I could wear a shirt and send it back right away instead of waiting to wear my other 2 items.
- Customer service - I got a very sweet handwritten note with every box I received! Sometimes it was just a comment about something in the box, but other times reminders about how to get the most out of the service.
LeTote wins at:
- size availability - while I didn't always like the styles, there were plenty of options in my size range.
- shipment tracking info - I liked being able to check on when my items would arrive, but it was slower than Bella Gravida.
- customization of items - LeTote would email and say "hey, your tote is ready, take a look!" and then you could go in and change anything that you didn't want.
So anyway, I think I'm done with box clothes for now. I do think it's a pretty cool concept, but the normal monthly cost is too high for me. I do like how they give you one month at a discount so you can try it out. Once I'm not pregnant, I might have to try Gwynnie Bee, because they have a month free trial! Any other clothing rental companies I should know about??
Skirt: Bellyssima via Bella Gravida
Tee: ON Maternity
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
This is what I wore to the last broadway show of the season: Phantom of the Opera. I was happy to have another fun dress from Bella Gravida to wear.
I'm not a big fan of Phantom. I know it's a favorite of many people, but I just don't get into it. I first saw it about 6 or 7 years ago. It's one of my MIL and SIL's favorites, so I was excited. I also had a vague idea of the plot, which was completely wrong. I always thought the Phantom was a nice but misunderstood guy, but he's actually quite evil. So that's a whole different dynamic!
Anyway, with my expectations lowered, I did enjoy this show. The music is pretty fun, and I about jumped out of my seat when the chandelier falls. My SIL was like "didn't you know that was coming?" No, I really didn't remember it from 7 years ago! Shocking, I know.
Dress: Leota via Bella Gravida
Monday, May 16, 2016
You'll never guess what I did the day I wore this outfit. Oh wait, it's the same things I do most days that I wear something remotely blog-worthy! Lunch with John and then a doctors appointment for Mr. Baby. Only on this particular day, it was even more exciting, because apparently my slip was showing out the bottom of my dress, and my collar was unintentionally popped. Never a dull moment around here, you guys!
Dress: Lilac via Bella Gravida