Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Purchases



After April's shopping spree, I decided I was going to take it easy in May.  I was NOT going to "go shopping" for the sake of going shopping.  Early in the month, I decided to take the plunge and finally get the Sperry's I've been wanting forever.  And I really thought that would be my only purchase for the month.  Really.

Then I found out that I had to go on a last minute business trip, and I felt like I didn't have anything professional enough for it.  So I began a frantic search for a suit, and there went my plan for May being a low budget month.

I have no excuses for the other things.  I got the belts while suit shopping.  My trip took me near an H&M, and I just had to check it out.  Then I saw Kate's link to these green shorts and wanted them, and had a $10 giftcard, and was super stressed out, so I went to Target.  And I'm really excited about them, so I think it's okay.

Here are the details:

Sperrys: $60 (originally $85 - used a giftcard) (worn here)
Le Suit Blazer: $54 (originally $79) (worn here)
Le Suit Skirt: $25 (originally $50) (worn here)
H&M Skirt: $7 (originally $17)
H&M Workout Tanks (I got pink and leopard):  $5 each (originally $6 each)
Merona Shorts: $10 (originally $20 -used a giftcard)
NY&Co Silver bow belt: $2 (originally $20) (worn here)
Steve Madden 2-pack skinny belts: $10 (Originally $30) (similar)

 Total Spent: $178 (ugh - I hate that!)

What this really means is that I'm 28 cents over budget for the year.  So, it's not as bad as it looks.  But I'm disappointed, because I hate having to spend so much on something like a suit, because I don't really want a suit!  But I need one, and they are expensive, so that's how it goes.  
I won't promise to not shop at all in June, because that's just setting myself up for failure, but I'm hoping to avoid it as much as possible.  We'll see how that goes! 

As always, I'm linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers. 

12 comments:

  1. Ugh, so many times when I tell myself that I'm going to have a "lighter" month, it doesn't go as well as I would like for it to go. Annoying! Sigh. I'm glad you finally got a pair of Sperrys. How are you liking them so far? I'm in the middle of writing a big ol' post for my May budget...and I'm kind of nervous about it...let's just say that I will be supporting you 100% in your no shopping in June endeavor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Obsessed with those shorts in gray right now...but now thinking I need the green (even though I told The Husband no more shorts). And 28 cents over budget! You're killing it! :)

    Katie @ Style On Target

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the exact same thing this month. For the longest time I had only gotten a pair of pants and then I spent a ton on 2 bags. You did get a good deal on your suit though. And I want those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those green shorts! Plus that skirt is pretty awesome. It does suck to spend the money on the suit, but you still got a really good deal on it. Plus, the pieces are really great separately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you find a great deal on the suit. I find the best way to not buy thing is stay way from store. Which can be hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you can wear the pieces of the suit on their own from time to time? So it's not a total bust? But yeah, I hate spending a bunch, too. I couldn't believe how much I spent this month, especially after doing so well so far this year. Summer shopping always kills me. Which is ridiculous, since I barely leave the house during the summer :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did so well and such excellent princes especially on the suit. The Sperrys & the suit are my favorite pieces you got. Though the Skirt and Shorts are gorgeous, too. I purchased a similar skirt this May (my budget post coming soon, sometime next week). And you know I own Kelly Green Shorts which I love. So what I am saying is that GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel ya on the suit, but it looks really cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the suit is a great piece and the price is not bad either. I intended to not spend any this month and instead went WAY over budget. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my green shorts, they're so cute! Love the Sperrys too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hate having to buy things i 'have' to buy, but at least you're not that over budget! and those green shorts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I tell myself, "okay, we're cutting back this month", I always ended up spending more than what I normally would - why is that?! I so relate to this. Those Sperrys are super cute, and your other pieces are really nice as well. Only being 28 cents over you budget is fantastic, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete