The day I wore this was just plain gloomy. So I did what any ridiculous blogger would do - wear bright yellow. I will bring the sunshine myself, thanks very much (and have My Girl stuck in my head all day).
Anyway, it's the Third Tuesday of the month, which means it is time to talk about books with the Literary Junkies! Here are the May questions and my answers:
1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it! I just finished Where'd You Go, Bernadette, which is our book club pick for May. It's a crazy book, but I really liked it. If you've read it, you should join the twitter chat tonight!
2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book? Yes, I definitely judge books based on their covers. Like, if there are people kissing or almost kissing on the cover, it's probably not going to be my favorite. I'm looking at you, Nicholas Sparks.
3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time! Nope, other than the Summer Book Challenge!
4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself! Hmm, this is tough, but Emma comes to mind. I loved the Gwyneth Paltrow movie when I was younger, and then I tried to read the book and wasn't interested at all. Maybe because I already knew the plot? I don't know. Maybe I should try reading it again sometime. Who knows if that movie is even good? I don't trust my 12-year-old self to have great taste in films!
5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season? I think I read a little bit less in the summer, because life seems busier, but I do have a few trips coming up so I'll have plane time to read. I think I read the most during the winter, when it's too cold to do anything else.6. What is the worst book you've read this year? Why? I have to say Breakfast at Tiffany's. I didn't hate it, but I just didn't really like it either. I don't know what I thought it was about, but it was way different than my expectations. I'm planning to watch the movie and then do a movie vs. book post. So, stay tuned for my thoughts on both!
How would you answer these questions?
Tee & Blazer: Gap
Shoes: Old Navy