Note - this dress was provided by eShakti for me to review. All opinions are my own.
When eShakti asked me to let them send me a free item to review, I was like "YES, PLEASE!" It only took 2.5 years of blogging to get something for free! Any other companies want to send me free stuff?? Call me! Or actually, email me.
It was tough to pick an item. I probably should have picked a more practical dress, but I just loved the airplanes! I kept going back and forth on getting just a solid color dress. But then AIRPLANES! So I got the airplanes. Because while a navy blue dress would be very versatile, and airplane dress is unique.
For my first time wearing it, I decided to play off the red belt and go for the primary color accessories. I felt very adorable all day. In a good way, I think. I'm already thinking of other ways to style it, and wondering how frequently I can wear it before my co-workers notice.
Anyway, here are my thoughts about the whole process:
- The ordering process was super easy. I put my order in on April 11, and the dress was waiting for me when I got home from vacation. So, I'm guessing it was about a 2 week turnaround. Not bad for a custom fit dress! I just wish I had been faster at deciding, so I could have worn my plane dress on my cruise!
- My only complaint about the ordering process is that most of the items I liked gave me the "out of fabric" message when I clicked on them. I don't know if this is a common problem on the site, or just on the list of options for review.
- The fabric is a really nice cotton. And there are pockets! The belt isn't great, but I probably won't wear it very often (you can see it's a little wonky in some of the pictures). After sitting at my desk all day, the skirt was fairly wrinkled, but you can't really tell, so it isn't a real problem
- Custom sizing is really cool. I didn't fall anywhere on their size chart, and I assume most women don't fit perfectly into the proportions for each size. It was nice to put in my exact measurements. The dress fits really well in the bust and waist - which is usually a problem for me. Oh, and it's long enough!
- One note about the fit - basically the only measurement that I didn't have to submit is how "tall" my shoulders are. Apparently my shoulders are shorter than expected, because I think I'll need to take the straps in a bit. Not a deal breaker by any means, but on a dress that fits perfectly everywhere else, an extra half-inch in the straps was noticeable, and made it gap a bit in the front.
I thought about trying to pass it off next week as aeronautical, but that seemed like cheating. Remember to link up with me and Laura May 12th-16th to share your ocean-inspired looks!
You can find eShakti on Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter
Dress: c/o eshakti (exact)
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory
Shoes: Old Navy