Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Long Weekend Recap



Happy Tuesday!  I'm going to pretend that I purposely skipped posting on Monday for Memorial Day, but really, I just forgot to schedule something.  This outfit would have been perfect, because it's all red, white, and blue.  Anyway, enough about my outfit.  How about a weekend recap??

On Friday, I left work early and had a late/long lunch with a friend.  Then I had the rest of the evening to myself and decided it was time to really do a full closet inventory.  I got about halfway done before I had to take a break for dinner.  Then I binge-watched Netflix while ironing for a few hours.  And I'm at a point in my life where I'm content with spending my Friday night ironing.  (Sometimes I still feel like I'm 19, but there are moments where I can believe I'm almost 30.)

Saturday involved more closet sorting, more ironing and folding laundry, AND a lunch/movie date with John.  We went to the new X-Men movie.  It was pretty good, but I have a lot of questions now.  I mean, time travel is always pretty sketchy, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.  And how long Hugh Jackman can play Wolverine.  He's just getting a little old.

After church on Sunday, I spent the afternoon helping to make wedding mints for my friend's wedding.  It was fun to hang out with her, and the mints are delicious!  Then John and I went over to some friends' house for a good old-fashioned cookout.  Good food, fun people, and my team won at Catch Phrase!

On Monday, I finished my closet inventory (post coming soon), and did a few other things around the house.  Then we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant.

I'd say it was a pretty nice weekend!  Did you do anything fun with the extra day?  (my apologies if you had to work!)  

Top: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx
Cardigan & Shoes: Old Navy
Skirt: Target
Belt: NY&Co

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I used the extra day to get a closet inventory done, too. Great minds think alike! ;) Can't wait to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a lot of soccer moms would be in outrage with your Hugh Jackman comment. ha ha. I can't wait for your closet inventory! My purging is going slower than I anticipated, but I was sick all week, so I guess that would do it. I like that your outfit is patriotic while also being subtle and passing as a non-intentional patriotic, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm interested to see your closet inventory post! Sounds like a fun weekend! I like the X-men movies but generally just wait until they come out on dvd. Oh and Catch phrase is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your patriotic outfit! Perfect for Memorial Day :) It sounds like you had a great long weekend! Kevin had to work on Memorial Day, so we didn't do anything spectacular that day. I did, however, take Friday as a fun day with Kevin's parents and his brother. We had lunch, got cupcakes at an adorable cupcake store in Minneapolis, and then went to Minnehaha Falls and the Lock and Dam along the Mississippi River as a cute little staycation :) It was a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Outfit and yes it is very patriotic. I feel so bad for not buying those shoes when I had the chance. =(

    ReplyDelete