This is the outfit I wore to John's office Christmas party a few weeks ago. It's the same dress I wore back in 2011, but I don't think anyone noticed. I felt festive enough while still having decently comfortable shoes, and a cardigan to keep warm. Two years ago, I was freezing, and my feet were in severe pain by the end of the night. See, I'm learning as I go!
Anyway, as we close out the year, I need to do my final goal review. I had 6 goals for 2013. I did monthly check-ins, except for November. It probably would have matched October pretty closely.
The short story for December is that I worked out A LOT. Like 6 times a week for the first 3 weeks. I even went to a Zumba class in Indiana! I didn't sew anything, or cook consistently, or do any projects around the house. I stuck to my budget, and I read several books. So 50/50 for the month. And I kind of feel like exercise is my top priority, so I feel good about that!
Here's my annual summary:
- Do a Project - mostly sewing. 50% success rate, with a generous definition of "projects." I did a couple re-fashions, but I didn't do any serious sewing projects. I'd really like to start sewing more, but it's just hard to find the time. Maybe in 2014.
- Work out 3x a week - on Jan 1, I decided I would set up a reward system for this. Then I didn't actually do the rewards system at all. I think I was about 75% successful with this one. In the beginning of the year, I just couldn't stay healthy, so I would be good for 2-3 weeks and then off for 1-2 weeks. I'm getting better at making myself go to the gym, and tracking with My Fitness Pal is helping, too.
- Tackle a Project around the house - well, I never made my list of things to do, but I think I did a decent job of getting stuff done. We painted the guest bathroom, and half of the basement. I also did some serious de-cluttering in our various closets, and took several bags to Goodwill or consignment. I should really make that list so I know what I should be doing!
- Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week - this is my worst category. I'm just inconsistent, and I haven't figured out a good system to be more consistent.
- Stick to a clothing budget - WIN! I was almost $100 under budget for the year. YAY!
- Read 50 books in the year - WIN! This is my second year reading 50 books, and I cut it close again.
Dress: Ann Taylor
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: J.Crew Factory