Remember on Monday when I mentioned that I was going to the new outlet mall? Let's just say I definitely spent all my birthday money! A few random thoughts:
- I've never been to a mall opening before. Rumor has it that there were crazy crowds all weekend, but Monday afternoon/evening wasn't too bad.
- Some outlets are awesome (like J.Crew and Gap). Some are not awesome. There were a few that I was very excited about, but it seemed like they just had clothes from 10 years ago. Not interested.
- Some outlets are still too expensive for me. I'm hoping as time goes by that they will have clearance sections and then I can find things to buy (I'm looking at you, Banana Republic!)
- J.Crew didn't have the Sylvia wedges in my size, but I tried on a different pair of heels and decided to order both the black and tan wedges online. They had a deal for 40% off and then an additional 20% off plus free shipping, so I figure it will be easy enough to return them to the store if I don't like them.
- I saw at least 3 people wandering around the parking lot with no idea where they had parked.
- The restaurants out there need to open! There was pretty much just Subway and Auntie Anne's pretzels open. The gourmet grilled cheese places is going to be my new favorite.
- I came down with a slight case of BUY ALL THE THINGS on this shopping trip. I'm usually better at making wise choices, but when I got home and reviewed my purchases, I realized some things will need to go back. For example, the denim jacket that didn't seem cropped at the store but now seems very cropped! Probably because I tried it on with a tunic-length shirt at the store. Rookie mistake! And the fun patterned tights that got a run when I tried to put them on yesterday morning (not sure if I can even return these, but I will try!). I also ended up with a perfect camel-colored boyfriend cardigan, but it's dry clean only. I'm thinking I can hand wash or delicate cycle the merino wool. Am I crazy to think that? I won't dry clean a cardigan. That's just crazy.
TOPIO Item - blazer! (well, and the boots, but I already officially passed them on once).
Skirt: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden