Well, it is the end of the year, so I guess I should check in with my goals and see how terribly I failed! I'm probably being too hard on myself, but maybe not.
- Be more active - Ummm, no. I just couldn't get into a routine of working out. I think I need to come up with a more specific plan for 2013.
- Be a more discerning shopper - I'll call this a success. I did the Jan-Mar shopping ban, and I think I am doing better at buying quality items that I will wear more often, instead of just buying things because they are cheap. I still shop almost exclusively in the clearance section, but I make myself think of several outfits for an item before I purchase it.
- Be a better wife! Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation. I'm just so inconsistent with this. I have no way of measuring success other than my feelings, and I feel like I am still terrible at making dinner most weeks.
- Be more creative! Success! I've done quite a few crafty projects this year!
- Read 50 books in 2012. Done! I was way ahead of schedule until I started the Game of Thrones books, which are 1000+ pages each. That can really hurt the total number of books! I had to be strategic in the last week and read a few of the shorter books on my list, but if I look at total number of pages read, I more than doubled my 2011 reading.
How did you do on your goals/resolutions in 2012?
Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Calvin Klein
Boots: BareTraps via DSW