Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wreath Party




Stripes over plaid was completely inspired by this pin.  I wish my plaid shirt was peeking out more, but otherwise, I love this layering!  I had a date with my friend Brooke to make some wreaths for Christmas, so I had to pose by her gorgeous Christmas tree!

Wreath-making was a blast. We were missing Anne, so we set up the iPad and Skyped her in for the evening.  It was awesome.

I was hoping to make something similar to this, but I had to make a few adjustments.  I had a bunch of leftover twine from when I made this, so decided to use that instead of yarn.  Then I couldn't find any fake holly berry at the store, so I grabbed this giant poinsettia, and abandoned the felt flowers, too.  When I got started, about 1/4 of the way around my wreath, I realized I would not have enough twine.  Brooke offered to loan me some sparkly red yarn, and I decided to do approximate quarters.  She also loaned me some holly berry sprigs, which I think helped pull it all together.  While I was in process, I was pretty worried, but I think it turned out well.   


Sweater and Jeans: Old Navy
Shirt: J.Crew
Boots: Wanted via Piperlime

I'm linking up with Shanna today for Random Wednesday.  You should go check it out!

6 comments:

  1. I WANT A WREATH! Haha I think yours is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath!! It's so pretty!! It really pops against the blue door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kind of doubt happens to me a lot when I'm in the middle of projects... but it turned out great. I like the oversized flower. And your pattern mixed layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via Shanna's blog hop. You had me at your blog name- just another smith. Love it! I used to be a SMITH!! Beside my new last name (Hilton) Smith is the best last name :) oh and I love your boots! ps. new follower here!

    mycalmdelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out perfect! High five, lady!! Thanks a million for linking up!

    ReplyDelete