Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Billy Elliot




Last week, I went to Billy Elliot, as part of our Broadway season tickets.  I have to say I was a little disappointed.  The dancing was pretty impressive, but I thought the story was pretty slow-moving and not very engaging.  The music was also kind of boring.  As I write this, I can't even think of how any of the songs went.  That said, I did think the actors were great.  The main character was played by a 14 year old boy, who was super talented.  The next show is Beauty and the Beast, so I can almost guarantee I will love it!

Sweater and Skirt: Limited
Coat: Gap
Boots: Etienne Aigner

3 comments:

  1. We saw "Billy Elliot" when we were in NY. The funniest part was when my roommate posted on FB, "Just saw 'Billy Madison' the musical on Broadway! What a brilliant show!" She got a few surprised and confused comments before we all realized her error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I kept calling it Billy Madison, too. Maybe someone should turn that into a musical. There's already the "back to school" song in the movie!

      Delete
  2. beauty and the beast > billy elliot every single time.

    ReplyDelete