Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Goal Review




Well, it is the end of the year, so I guess I should check in with my goals and see how terribly I failed!  I'm probably being too hard on myself, but maybe not.
  1. Be more active - Ummm, no.  I just couldn't get into a routine of working out.  I think I need to come up with a more specific plan for 2013.  
  2. Be a more discerning shopper - I'll call this a success.  I did the Jan-Mar shopping ban, and I think I am doing better at buying quality items that I will wear more often, instead of just buying things because they are cheap.  I still shop almost exclusively in the clearance section, but I make myself think of several outfits for an item before I purchase it.  
  3. Be a better wife!  Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation.  I'm just so inconsistent with this.  I have no way of measuring success other than my feelings, and I feel like I am still terrible at making dinner most weeks.
  4. Be more creative!  Success!  I've done quite a few crafty projects this year!  
  5. Read 50 books in 2012.  Done!  I was way ahead of schedule until I started the Game of Thrones books, which are 1000+ pages each.  That can really hurt the total number of books!  I had to be strategic in the last week and read a few of the shorter books on my list, but if I look at total number of pages read, I more than doubled my 2011 reading.  
So, 3 out of 5 isn't too bad, right?  I tend to succeed at the things I actually enjoy, like reading books!  I need to figure out how to enjoy things like working out and making dinner.  Maybe I need to get a Wii so I can play Just Dance all the time as my workout, because that is fun!  Not sure how to make dinner preparation fun.

How did you do on your goals/resolutions in 2012?

Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Calvin Klein
Skirt: Target
Boots: BareTraps via DSW

3 comments:

  1. My becoming a discerning shopper means not even visiting the stores! hahahaha :D Sadness. :) Good luck with your list! I have be more creative on my list too. I didn't make a commitment on how many books to read next year b/c school takes over most of my time... there isn't any time for leisure reading. I can't wait to read this week before school starts :D
    Thanks for sharing!

    Also, will you link up with Andrea and I for our 13 Resolutions for 2013 tomorrow? :D It will go live midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it would help to just pick one or two nights a week where you always prepare dinner, rather than feeling like you have to do it every day. Then you can just cook enough to have leftovers for a few days. Plus, then you have a specific measure to see if you are meeting your goal or not. Dunno, just a thought. - Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this idea! I think I will give it a try!

      Delete