Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

You're It

2007 - First Married Christmas
I'm double posting today, because I got tagged in a Christmas game.  It's just like those email chains from back in the olden days!  Sarah tagged me for this Christmas themed blog tag, and I couldn't resist playing along.  The rules are simple: When someone tags you, you answer their questions and then tag 5 new people (unless you are a cheater, and make up your own rules, like me). 

I have to add that is has been snowing here for the last 8-ish hours and we are supposed to have 8-12 inches by tomorrow morning.  It's supposed to be pretty cold for the next few days, so it looks like we will have a white Christmas!  

Here are my answers to Sarah's questions:

1. What's your favorite Christmas ornament?   So hard to pick just one!  We always buy ornaments when we go on vacation, so those are some of my favorites.  If I have to pick a single favorite, it would probably be our wedding ornament.  John's mom got it for us the first Christmas we were married.  It's just kind of cheesy, but I love it!  It's always the first ornament I put on the tree.  
2. What's your most memorable Christmas from high school?   I think it was my senior year when the "Santa Monster" story happened.  On Christmas morning, my mom has always insisted that my dad wake us all up by ringing these bells and hollering "ho ho ho!  Merry Christmas!  Wake up and get your presents!"  When my nephew was pretty little, this completely terrified him.  I heard "Santa" and then I heard screaming. We all gathered around the tree to open stockings, and when my sister in law came up with him, his face was bright red, and he was still calming down a bit.  We asked him what happened, and he said something like "I was just sleeping, and then the Santa Monster came and was like 'HO HO HO GET YOUR PRESENTS' and I was so scared and started screaming and crying!"  It was the funniest/cutest thing! 
3. What's your favorite holiday drink?  Hot chocolate - more specifically, my mom's homemade hot chocolate mix! 
4. What's on your Christmas list this year?  See here.  
5. What is one tradition you will carry on later into your own future family?  When I was growing up, my family always took turns opening presents, so we all got to watch everyone else opening presents and see what they got.  At the time, it was SO HARD to be patient until my turn, but it was so much fun to see what everyone got, and see their reactions when they opened gifts from me.  I think that is more fun than a free-for-all, where you have no idea what is going on, and there is wrapping paper flying everywhere!

Now the tricky part - I'm supposed to come up with 5 questions and tag 5 bloggers to play along.  
  1. What is your favorite Christmas song or album?
  2. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
  3. What is a favorite gift you have given?
  4. What is a favorite gift you have received?
  5. If you have to do all your Christmas shopping at one store, which store would you choose?
It's so hard to know who to tag!  If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.  If you don't feel like making a whole post, just answer the questions in the comments!  

1 comment:

  1. You gotta tag girl!! hahaha I know five is hard, but still! COMEON!
    Okay I love the ornament idea! I collect magnets when we travel, but I love the ornament idea! hmm might have to steal that idea :D har har
    Also, lovin' that polka dot sweater on your wish list. I love me some polka dots!! the Santa monster? Boo! hahaha your poor nephew!

    Thanks for playing along! PICK FIVE :P

    ReplyDelete