Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter White




It's Third Thursday Threads link up time again!  Have I mentioned that I love these theme link-ups?  I just have a hard time decided what to wear most days, so having a prompt is super helpful.  This month's theme was a bit more challenging than the previous ones - Winter White.  Now, I don't really believe in the whole "no white after Labor day" rule, but when I thought about the challenge, I was envisioning white pants.  I don't currently have any white pants, but I used to have an awesome pair of cream-colored corduroy trousers from Old Navy.  I actually wore them to my college graduation way back in December 2006 (how has it been 6 years?).
evidence
Since I don't have any white pants to build an outfit around, I decided to wear bright fuchsia pants and white everything else.  I really like the look of white layers in winter.  It still feels cozy and seasonally appropriate.  It was probably a mistake to wear these shoes, because it was pretty chilly outside, but I didn't really want to add heavy boots to the mix.

What do you think about wearing white in the winter?  Go check out the other looks here.

Button-up and jeans: Gap
Sweater: Old Navy
Jacket: Relativity
Shoes: BCBGeneration
Pearls: Gift (from China)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this look!! The bright pants and then white layering - white is one of the only colors you can layer over and over itself so seamlessly - I absolutely love how crisp it looks!!! So glad you linked up Andi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have corduroy pants in so many colors growing up (black, blue, green, red, cream, etc) because my mom thought jeans didn't offer enough warmth in the winter. It's funny to see them back in action now.

    I love the idea of layering white on white! It looks really great!

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete