Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Curly Hair Confessions


This may come as a surprise to you, but I have curly hair.  I mean, it's super curly.  I wrote about it a little bit in my Beauty Routine post last week.  As I was writing that, I decided to check out Pinterest, to see if there were any cool ideas for curly hair.  Well, when you search for "curly hairstyles" on Pinterest (or Google - really, anywhere), all you get are pictures of people with obviously straight hair that has been attacked with the curling iron.  Not particularly helpful.  I did find something pretty cool, though:  Curly Hair Problems

Here are 2 that made me laugh out loud:




At some point when I was in high school, I started to love my curls.  I would straighten my hair once in awhile, but I just didn't feel like myself without the big hair.  There are some benefits!  I mean, if I forget a hair-tie, I can just tie my hair in a quick knot and it stays put.  Sometimes, I wish I could do certain hairstyles, or get a fun haircut, but most of the time, I really like having crazy curls.  One of the most awkward things now is that strangers will tell me how pretty my curls are, and I say thanks, but then they go "I bet you hate them, don't you?  You probably wish you had straight hair!" and I don't really know how to reply.  I don't know many other physical features where strangers would say something like that.  "Blue eyes!  So pretty!  I bet you wish they were brown, right?"  --"Ummm, no.  I'm good with how I look.  But thanks for your concern." 

Dress:  Old Navy
Cardigan: Loft
Belt: Limited
Necklace:  made by me
Shoes; BCBGeneration

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Just came over from my friend Bri's blog (work clothes I suppose) and love your outfits! This one today...nude dress and nude shoes is super cute. I need to get some nude shoes immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Nude shoes are so versatile, you should totally get some!

      Delete
  2. such a nice post,if you like we can follow each other ;)

    www.viewrama.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! And I know Jason and I both love your hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete