So now that my
- I bought 2 Belly Bands right away. These were amazing in the first few months, and I could still wear my pencil skirts and some of my normal jeans. Now, I like wearing them under dresses for a little extra streamlining.
- At a certain point, none of my jeans fit very well, even with a belly band. So I ordered a couple pairs of skinny jeans from Old Navy. Then I found a bootcut option at Gap, and then my sister gave me a hand-me-down bootcut pair from her last pregnancy. Then I saw some black "treggings" at H&M on black Friday for $12, so I snagged them, too. So hopefully those 5 pairs of jeans will get me through most of the winter!
- Tights! Even though my regular tights still fit, they dig into my tummy in a not awesome way, so I've ordered quite a few pairs of maternity tights. Old Navy is the winner for tights so far, but they don't have them available online very often, and don't have many color options, so I'm somewhat stuck. H&M and Target are my other go-to places and I have mixed reviews on their maternity tights. I think I'll need to buy a few more pairs of navy and gray.
- Speaking of winter, everyone says it's the best time to be pregnant, because you avoid the hot summer misery. This may be true, but it also means I needed to buy a coat that would actually button. I took the plunge on this H&M option because it looks so pretty on the website. It's pretty in person, too - but it happens to shed quite a bit. White fur. All over my new car with black interior. But it's very cozy, so I'm glad I got it. And it's half price right now, so if you happen to need a maternity coat, there you go!
- Younker's was having an additional 40% off everything sale, so I checked out their maternity selection online. There were a lot of dresses marked down to $20, and then an additional 40% was so tempting. I got 3 dresses (here, here, here). They are not for tall people, but I think they will work okay for a bit, and then I might just have to wear them more like tunics.
- Kohl's gift card! I've had this for at least a year, but I rarely go into Kohl's, because there's not one conveniently located when I'm shopping. I heard they had maternity stuff, so I went in and got a couple tops. One is a black/white marled looking sweater. The other is a cream ruffle/tiered tank. I think both will be frequently worn in the coming months.
- Old Navy sweaters - Christmas gifts from my in-laws! They got me this one and this one.
So there you have it - my maternity wardrobe in just a few bullet points. I'm sure it will grow as I grow, but for now, I've been making use of my flowy dresses and elastic waist skirts. And I'm trying to wear all my woven shirts while they still fit! I'll probably have to break down and buy a maternity chambray before too long.
Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers, even though this isn't really a budget post. It's a "closet additions" post, so I think it counts.