Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June Budget Time

June Purchases



It's the end of the month - time to review my shopping activities.  I hoped to do some shopping in Orlando, but it didn't work out (probably for the best!).  Here's what I added to my closet in June: 

Target - went to buy some supplies for my trip, had to stop by the clothing and shoes.  Found some winners! I also bought these, but then I returned them because they didn't quite fit properly.
Forever 21 - after wanting a bow ring for the last 6 months, I realized how cheap these are online.  I've also wanted an elephant and/or giraffe necklace, and when they are $3, I decided to get both.  These arrived yesterday and I am impressed with the quality of such cheap items! 
J.Crew Factory  - their emails are persistent!  I have been wanting some white shorts, so I finally went for it. These haven't arrived yet, so I'm hoping they work for me! 
Macy's - I really needed a new swim top, and it is basically impossible for me to find one in stores.  Online shopping to the rescue.  It also hasn't arrived yet, so I hope it works!   (UPDATE: this didn't work at all, so I'm returning it).       
Loft - I had a gift card, and then I found too many cute things.  You can read the full saga here

I also made some money this month by selling clothes: 
  • Garage Sale: $30
  • Consignment: $32
So, if I add it all up...

Total Purchases: $173 (originally$373)
Minus Gift Card: $25
Minus Total Earned: $62
Total out of pocket: $86
UPDATE (after returning swimsuit) - Total out of pocket: $24

Halfway through the year, and I am $65 under budget so far.  Not too shabby!  I really think that keeping myself accountable to strangers on the internet is helping me stay on budget.  Earlier this week, I was returning those shoes at Target, and was tempted to buy a few things, but I thought I was over budget for the month and I resisted.  So thank you all for reading and thanks to Franish for hosting the link up each month! 

6 comments:

  1. Great purchases and great job on keeping on budget! I'm still struggling with the keeping a budget and curbing the shopping habit but like you said, strangers on the internet are helping me cut back!

    allthechicthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a lot of great things at great prices too, yay for sales!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING to see your savings! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to reinstate a monthly clothing budget for myself. :) So far, so good! Thank you!
    Also, I absolutely l-o-v-e the polka dot skirt you picked up at Loft. It looks great on you! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok that pleated skirt is AMAZING.

    I'm so happy to see how great everyone does with their budgets. Knowing that I have to report to all of you ladies makes me really think about my purchases. Thank you for backing me up every month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those floral shorts!!! Ah! I wantttt!

    ReplyDelete