Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Green Week - Polka Dot Cardigan







Get excited!  It's St. Patrick's Day and the first day of GREEN WEEK!  My husband pointed out that I'm not Catholic, so I should really be wearing orange, but green is prettier, and I don't know that I have 5 orange things to wear, so here we are.

This outfit wasn't originally supposed to include green.  My plan was to style my new gray/black dress like this outfit (one of my favorite's from Franish recently).  I was going to wear my black cardigan and boots.  Then I realized I don't really have a similar scarf, and it's close enough to spring that I decided to bust out the floral.  Then I couldn't find my black cardigan, and thought the green in the scarf would go well with my green polka dot cardigan.  Then I checked the weather and realized it wasn't going to be snowy or super freezing, so I went with wedges instead of boots.  So the actual outfit isn't really anything like the inspiration, but that's how it goes sometimes!  Maybe I'll get a chunky knit scarf and try copying Fran again in the fall.

Cardigan: Target
Scarf: H&M
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Shoes: J.Crew Factory


Linky info is after the jump!  






13 comments:

  1. It's still super cute! I can't wait to see the dress on you too. So excited to be co-hosting this week. Thanks for the fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you crack me up. I swear I have these internal wars all of the time. I go from copying the original to a very loosely based interpretation. I like what you've done here! And I looooove that floral scarf. I'm looking outside at more flipping snow, so I am yearning for spring.

    Danielle
    Little Bit of WoWe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute! Great cardigan!!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets dressed like that :) I LOVE the cardigan. Seriously, if we lived near each other I would totally come borrow it. It's going to be a good week (because we are wearing green and not orange ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that cardigan and scarf together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of wearing orange for St. Patrick's! I really like this outfit! It makes me so excited for spring! Is this dress new? It looks really cute (at least the bottom half does).

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the green cardi with that fun scarf!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! I really love the floral scarf with a green top. I'm really going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recognized that adorable cardigan from Target! I love the fun green color and the always lovely polka dots. Great scarf too!
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such an adorable cardigan. I love it when you wear it. The floral scarf is great too and that dress looks so chic and classy. I will remember this Outfit and 'copy' it from you.

    My pleasure linking up with you gals! Happy Belated Green Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cardigan!!!!
    XO
    Ellen
    Www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so darling in that last picture - I love your happy face! :) I like the floral scarf and polka dot cardigan together! :)

    ReplyDelete