Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

What Happens at Bowling

Happy Saturday!  After 2 weeks of feeling pretty terrible, I am excited for a weekend of getting caught up on things around the house, and hopefully fitting in some fun.  One of the fun things is that I am linking up with Sarah and Natalie for their new Saturday link-up.  The theme this week is your most embarrassing moment, and I tend to do embarrassing things all the time, but I have to share my "official most embarrassing moment" from way back in the day.
13-yr old me
 When I was 13, I was about as awkward as most middle school kids, only I was about a foot taller than most of the girls in my class.  This was not as awesome as you might think.  My brother was on the high school varsity basketball team, and my oldest sister was living in Chicago, but wanted to see him play, only most games were on Fridays.  One weekend, there was a tournament with Saturday games, so my sister (Carolyn) and 2 of her friends (Chris and Dave) drove down for the games.  After the game on Saturday night, my sisters and the guys decided to go bowling.  I'm not sure how or why, but I tagged along, and felt really cool because I was hanging out with 20-somethings.

Here's a picture of Carolyn and me a few months earlier.  We are at the Hancock Building in Chicago, pretending to wash windows.  You will notice that I am already taller than her.  I was 13, and she was 22.
I hope I don't get in trouble for this picture!
As the evening progressed, I started to feel suspicious that my sisters were talking about me.  I kept asking them what was up, but they wouldn't tell me.  So I was just bowling in my blissful ignorance.  Eventually, they were sort of arguing, and I was like "Seriously, what is going on?"  One of them very sweetly said "Andi, put your hand on your butt" and when I did, I should have felt denim, but I just felt skin instead.  My jeans had ripped all the way across, right underneath the pocket.  Here's a diagram, in which the red circle shows where the rip was located:


Needless to say, I was horrified.  In true 90s fashion (see previous photo), Carolyn was wearing a button down shirt as a jacket, so I tied it around my waist for the rest of the evening.  Chris said he didn't notice, and Dave said he just thought it was my style.  Apparently he didn't think very highly of me (or like, that my parents would let me out of the house with a full butt cheek on display!)

At least I wouldn't probably have to see these guys ever again, right?  Not so, my friends.  My sister married Chris the following summer.  I was a bridesmaid and was paired with Dave. As we were walking down the aisle, he said "Have you been bowling lately?"  and my face turned bright red.  So embarrassing.

So, what's your most embarrassing moment?  Share in the comments, or go link up with Snuggle Saturday!

LoveSarahK

3 comments:

  1. I had some buttons from my shirt pop off once, I was young, around 12 or so. It was embarrassing, however, luckily for me, I was still in the car and was able to tell mom to drive back home so I could change. I feel ya!
    Thanks for sharing
    Teresa @ My Day Starts With Chips
    http://mydaystartswithchips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that one is pretty bad, lol! Thanks so much for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I've ripped my pants like that before too and luckily I was at home, but if I wasn't I don't know what I would have done! :(

    Thanks for sharing and linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete