Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Currently February



A couple weeks ago, I had the idea of wearing my new black pixie pants with this green blouse and my gray sweater.  I put it on and the proportions were just not looking right.  But I had in my head that this blouse needed to be paired with black and gray.  And then I happened upon this skirt at the Gap and it all came together.  Just pretend I ironed the skirt before wearing it, okay?  And hey, none of these are maternity clothes, so that's kind of exciting!

Oh, and it's the first Wednesday of the month, so I'm linking up with the Currently ladies (Anne and Jenna)!

Reading - Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman.  I've never been into collections of short stories, but I've liked a few recently, and I have to read anything by Neil Gaiman.  I've only read the first few stories, but I like them (no big surprise there)

Pinning - ALL THE BABY THINGS!

Eating - whatever sounds good at that very moment.  I'm not one of those pregnant ladies who wants to overshare about all my symptoms, but I think I am done with the"feeling pretty good" portion of pregnancy.  I'm now in the awkward part where I will be starving, and then 10 minutes later feel completely stuffed, even though I didn't eat anything.  I think it has a lot to do with where the baby is deciding to hang out compared to my internal organs.  So weird.

Anticipating - May 4th is exactly 3 months away, so I'm anticipating having a tiny human arrive soon!  And sort of panicking about all the things I want to get done before then.

Sweater: Gap
Blouse: Old Navy
Necklace: InPink
Skirt: Gap
Tights:Old Navy
Boots: Madden

7 comments:

  1. Love those colors together. Green is one of my faves! I can't believe May is only 3 months away. So crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when you're able to make a failed outfit idea work just by switching things around? I really like these colors together, so I'm glad you made it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love when an outfit comes together. I didn't realize you only had 3 month left until your baby would be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, those colors go really well together! I'm also not a fan of short stories...what are these ones about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love inside stories of outfits...it's funny how the process of thinking through them can go sometimes until they just finally work! And pinning all the baby things... so fun! Can't believe it's down to 3 months left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another great pop of bright green. Is May 4th your due date? That is awesome. That is my birth date. Hope baby Smith comes then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layering! Layering is one of my favorite ways to mix things up. :)

    ReplyDelete