Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Green Argyle Sweater Story

 

Once upon a time, way back in 2009, my sister asked my husband for some sweater recon a few weeks before Christmas time.  Then I was packing for our trip to Indy and was deciding which sweaters to bring.  I was thinking about bring this one.  John asked in a very accusatory manner "What is that?" while pointing at my sweater drawer.  "My sweater drawer?" I was confused.  "You have TWO sweater drawers??" "um, yeah... they don't all fit in one."  I had no idea what the issue was, but he was acting super weird.

On Christmas morning, I opened the present from my sister, and it was the sweater I am wearing in today's pictures.  And then they told me the whole story.  She had asked him if I had a "green argyle sweater" and he searched in my one sweater drawer, confirming that I did not.  And then at the very last minute, he saw my green argyle sweater in my sneaky second drawer, and was very worried.

The good news is that these 2 sweaters aren't really similar at all.  One is all green, one is mostly gray with a little bit of green.  One is lighter with 3/4 sleeves.  One is wool and long-sleeve.  So there was no great crisis.  And besides, I have since gotten rid of that other sweater, but I still have this one.

I realized that some of my favorite cozy sweaters never make it to the blog, because I tend to wear them on super cold snowy days with just jeans and boots, and I don't always get pictures on those days, of those kind of boring outfits.

Sweater: Gap
Necklace: gift
Top: JCF
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Boots: Madden

7 comments:

  1. Haha I can see my hubby reacting the same way :) That's awesome you can still wear your pre-pregnancy clothes too! Very cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Like having two sweater drawers is a big deal. They take up an entire 6 foot shelf in my closet. Sweaters are bulky! There's not much you can do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be obsessed with argyle. I like this one a lot, more than the other actually, but the other post had some great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this sweater, so it's good he didn't spot that second sweater drawer anyway =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this sweater, so it's good he didn't spot that second sweater drawer anyway =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with green and argyle in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, I'm playing through this scenario in my head and it's so funny! You and John are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete