Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Midnight Movie Madness!


Unless you are living under a rock with no internet or TV, you probably heard that a little movie called The Hunger Games was opening this weekend.  If you are living under a rock with no internet, I'm not sure how you would be reading blogs, so I'll just assume everyone has heard of the movie.

Against my better judgement, I went to the midnight showing on Thursday night/Friday morning.  The movie was great, the other attendees were crazy, and I was one tired chica on Friday at work.

My group of 5 got to the theater around 10:30.  I was surprised that they were already letting people in to grab seats.  Of course, it was mostly teenagers, and they were all saving seats for their friends.  I saw 2 people sitting in a row with 4 seats on one side of them and 3 seats on the other side.  The guy looked to be in his 40s, so I assumed he would be a reasonable person.  I was wrong.  I asked if they would mind scooting over ONE seat, so the 5 of us could sit there.  He found that to be a pretty outrageous request and ranted at me about how he had been there since 3pm and he wasn't going to move for us.  All I could think was, "Dude, get a life!"  Long story short, we ended up pretty close to the front.

Also, I felt like a grumpy old lady with all the teenagers.  They were pretty good during the actual movie, but by then I had gone deaf from their screaming during the Twilight preview.  I hope no one in there wanted to hear the preview, because it was nonstop screaming.  I don't get it!  I don't think I screamed at movies with I was 15, but maybe I am just forgetting...

In spite of the crazies at the theater, it was a really great movie!  You should go see it.  Actually, you should read the book and then go see the movie.  It's a quick read.  Seriously, go read it right now.

2 comments:

  1. I went with my lady friends on saturday! it was soooooo good!! Sorry that guy was such a jerk...seriously, what an ass!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! Think I may see it tomorrow. Loved the book and I am definitely looking forward to the movie.

    ReplyDelete