Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Book Review - The Truth About Style


I've been a fan of Stacy London ever since "What Not to Wear" started.  I haven't had cable for several years, and that is one of the shows I actually miss watching.  I loved the fact that it is a makeover show, but they also deal with the emotional side of why women dress badly in the first place.

Stacy's book is similar to the show in that she chose 9 women who needed style makeovers, but also dug deeper into their emotional reasons for the style rut they were each in.  I really enjoyed reading this book.  It was interesting to learn more about Stacy's life and her own insecurities.  It's a good reminder that even the most beautiful and fashionable women are still critical of themselves.  As women, we need to give ourselves a break!          

Also, I am linking up with Shanna today, for her first Random Wednesday Link Up.  You should, too!

3 comments:

  1. I love Stacy London! :) If you are a book lover, you should join our online book club! Literary Junkies! We'd love to have you! Our first book is Night Circus and we are having our first "meeting" Twitter Party Dec 18th 1pm CST and 7pm CST to discuss! :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/literaryjunkies/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her too!!! I need to check this one out...she always give such great fashion advice. Thanks so much for linking up!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added this to my Christmas list after I saw it in Barnes and Noble the other day! Love Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete