Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

So, 2015 huh?



Well, happy 2015!  So much has been going on in the past couple of weeks, and I haven't had much of a chance to collect my thoughts or blog about anything.  I still do want to write up something about our Christmas week in New Mexico, but for now, just a few highlights from the last little while.

  • My sis-in-law got engaged a couple days before Christmas!  They are looking at sometime in June, which means I will have a 4-6 week old baby at that time.  This will be interesting, but I'm pretty excited for her!  We went dress shopping this weekend and found an awesome dress for her, and got the bridesmaid dresses figured out.  I'm just praying mine fits (I ordered a couple sizes bigger, and will probably end up getting it tailored at the last minute).
  • Speaking of the baby, this kid was making me nervous with lack of movement, but over the weekend, I felt a lot of kicks/punches.  It's pretty weird and cool.
  • NYE was super fun, but John was sick, so I was without a date for the party.  Good thing I have awesome friends (don't worry, that's sparkling grape juice I'm drinking).  And I just got to stand there awkwardly when every else was kissing at midnight.      
  • I'm starting to feel more productive, and have been cleaning out the room we will use for a nursery.  Plus, my in-laws have bought a ton of baby stuff, so I need somewhere to put it!  I think weekends in the foreseeable future will be packed full of baby preparations!  
Anyway, I hope you all survived the crazy holidays, and that you are having an excellent start to 2015.  It's going to be a wild year around these parts!  

*these pictures are from early December.  I was about 18 weeks.  I definitely look more pregnant now!  


Cardigan: JCF (similar)
Dress: Limited Outlet (similar)
Belt: Gap (similar)
Tights: Target
Boots: Steve Madden (exact)

6 comments:

  1. I totally went solo to New Year's Eve too, since Peter was on call. But good for us going anyway, right? :) Yay for baby kicks - so fun. They never got old to me. And I love the stripes (of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great first of all. I cannot believe it's 2015 either. It will be a great year for you. Happy New Year, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANDI! I've been quite out of blogging over the holidays, but omg- CONGRATS on your big news! I am so excited and happy for you, and I just can't wait to meet your little one. Hope you are feeling good! Glad you are making strides with the nursery, and getting plenty of baby things as gifts. Off to catch up on your blog...Happy New Year!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a similar situation when I got married--I got engaged right after my sister got pregnant, so she had her baby boy about a month before my wedding. It made picking out the bridesmaid dress a little tricky, but he ended up being the life of the party at the reception :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a wonderfully busy holiday! All this baby stuff is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of love all this baby talk...I can't wait for Baby Smith to arrive! And super exciting that your sister-in-law got engaged!! So many fun and exciting things happening in your family :) Also, I totally love this outfit - I have similar pieces, so I'll need to recreate it!!

    ReplyDelete