Friday was a pretty warm day, so Mr. Baby and I took the opportunity to go to the zoo. I'm so glad we got an annual pass. We've gone 4 times since October, and I love it! There are enough indoor areas that we don't get too cold, but on the days where it is 40 or above, we can walk around a little bit and get some fresh air and sunshine, and I can stretch my legs. Mr. Baby doesn't stretch his legs because he is so lazy and makes me push him around in a stroller. Also he doesn't know how to walk yet. Typical baby.
Highlights of this zoo trip:
- The tapirs are usually just laying in the mud, but they were swimming!
- We saw 2 giraffes sit down. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Their legs go all wonky!
- Baby orangutan!
- The big male lion was pacing back and forth. I call him Aslan for obvious reasons. Anyway, he winked at me. I wish lions were for snuggling.
- We sat in the aquarium tunnel for quite awhile. I think that is Mr. Baby's favorite place because he can see all the different fish swimming around.
- the bears are all hiding in their caves. It's almost like they hibernate or something.
- The gorilla building was significantly colder than outside. We walked all the way through and saw exactly zero gorillas.
- Mr. Baby lost his mind in the rain forest. I guess he's scared of humidity or bats or something. I had to carry him and hurry through. We will have to try again.
|shout out to the random stranger who took our picture|
Jacket: LeTote (exact)
Sweater: Gap (ridiculously priced option, tunic option)
Jeans: Old Navy (similar)
Boots: Madden (exact)