Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition

One of the reasons I started this blog is to get my sense of adventure back with my style choices.  From 2nd grade through high school, I had to wear uniforms every day.  When I had the chance to pick my own clothes, I was kind of out there.  And I always thought I looked great, no matter what anyone else thought.  In college, I eased into the lazy jeans/hoodie/flip flops routine.  Over the past few years, I've just gotten kind of bored with my style choices, and then I discovered some style and fashion blogs and was inspired to start a blog and try some new ideas.  As a big fan of themes and alliteration, I thought Thursdays would be a great day to dig up old pictures of my crazy fashion ideas from when I was younger.  I only wish I had more pictures of my outfits from back in the day!

First pair of heels:  1996

In middle school, I'd say I was a good foot taller than most kids in my class.  Why was I so anxious to rock heels?  We may never know.  I somehow convinced my mother to buy these for me.  The picture is really lacking, but the heels were probably 2 inches or so.  These were Kenneth Cole Reaction, and I thought they were the coolest thing ever.  (don't mind the fur in the picture, that's just my childhood pet.  I'd tell you her name, but apparently credit card companies think that information is proof of identity.)

So, why is this the Thanksgiving Edition?  Go to Google  and search for images of "Pilgrim Shoes."

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.  Eat lots of turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment