Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Shorts Week - Gray and Yellow



Shorts week is unintentionally turning into stripes week part 2.  I can't help it!  I just love stripes on everything.  It's kind of surprising that I don't have any striped shorts, but after seeing Ginny's, I definitely want some!

My theory is that it's hard to get dressed in the summer, because it's just too hot to wear certain things, and layers are tricky.  So throwing on some kind of pattern (usually stripes) is a good way to keep life interesting.

I wore this outfit to work on Friday, and then I went to the outlet mall to return these shorts, and J.Crew Factory was having 60% off clearance, so I picked up a few things.  Since I always need more cardigans, I picked up another Clare (this one in pink).   I also bought the exact same chambray popover that I already have.  Mine pulls a little in the buttons, so I sized up.  I think I'll wear both of them quite a bit still.  I also got this scarf in the dark cove (navy) color.  JCF is definitely my new favorite place to shop!

I took pictures at the edge of the parking lot - this really demonstrates that the outlet mall is in the middle of nowhere!  I'm assuming that might be a corn field behind me, but I honestly don't know one crop from another.  It could very well be soy beans!  My farmboy father will be so disappointed!   

Top: Gap (exact in purple, yellow gingham option)
Shorts: Old Navy (exact)
Sandals: Love Culture (similar, similar)



9 comments:

  1. I love this yellow striped top! It looks great with these grey shorts. I was in JCF just the other day but I was on a serious mission just to find a dress to wear to an upcoming wedding, and they seriously had one dress option in the whole store. I probably could have been tempted by the other sales but I had tunnel vision haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adding patterns to keep things interesting! I am so jealous there is a JCF so close to you. Ours is 45 minutes away and every time I read what good deals you and Ginny get I want to hop in my car and start driving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes are always fun to wear. I don't own many stripes items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the grey and yellow look really great together!! what is it about those two colors together? and what is it about JCF lately that it has become a favorite (for me, too)? these are the questions that keep me up at night. but seriously, you look great in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for sales :) such a cute striped shirt here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gray shorts are perfect! This is such a great look for you. I can see this pair styled a million different ways!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun summer look! I love the yellow stripes!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this top on you, Andi - it's super flattering and I love the pale yellow stripes :) I tried to get the Old Navy version of this top but it was far too sheer for me :( Boooo. I have been weirdly anti-J.Crew/J.Crew Factory for years, but I'm kind of-sort of coming around. I guess if they have such good sales like that, perhaps they'd be a place for me to check out. I am realizing that a lot of the clothes I have now are wearing out and I'm in need of some new basics. Perhaps I'll need to check out JCF. I just found out there's a JCF near my in-laws...which is only like 40 minutes from where we live now! Hmmmmm. ;)

    ReplyDelete