Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

7 Years


Today marks 7 years since John and I got married (and 8 since we started dating).  I am genetically predisposed towards sentimentality/nostalgia, so I like to think back to what I've been up to each year on this date.  Back in 2012, I wrote a whole week of posts about July 28th.  Some of you may have seen them, but I think I had about 9 followers back then (and surely I have DOZENS of followers now), so if you are interested in anniversary recaps, here you go: 

200620072008200920102011, 2012

Last year, we spent the day driving home from the Montana trip, but we got home in time for our traditional anniversary dinner at Noodles&Co, and then went on an official anniversary date later.

This year, we decided at the last minute to go on a little weekend trip to Des Moines.  I know - that's the top place you think of for a romantic getaway!  But when you live in the middle of the country, there aren't many options for a drive-able weekend away.  Honestly, we had a blast.  I'll work on a full recap for later this week, but you can see a few pics on Instagram.  Spoiler alert - there may be tricycles involved.

Anyway, an anniversary is a good excuse to share a couple more of my favorite wedding pictures.  And otherwise, just be thankful for such a wonderful husband.  (Blah, blah, blah - sappy love stuff - I can't even write it without feeling cheesy, but I really do love this guy!)  


 Happy 7 years! Here's to many more!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great time in Des Moines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! How great that you were able to take a little getaway - no matter where to, I think that's a great way to celebrate because it's always a great way to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Andi! You look beautiful in those photos! John is one lucky man to have snagged a classy lady like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Andi (and John)!! I've never been to Des Moines, so you'll have to share how it went! (I don't have instagram, and the link won't let me access the pictures) But I'm glad to hear you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, happy anniversary!! Here's to many more happy years together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, I just love posts like this one! YAY LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you two!! Me and the boyf are celebrating our 8th year together this year and I am totally excited :)

    Found you in one of the fashion blogs I frequent and thought I'd give you a visit. Would you like to connect via GFC or other social networks? Xo

    Let me know if that is something that is of interest to you :)

    xo,
    Abby
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww happy anniversary!! I loved reading through the recaps, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I'm super sentimental and extremely nostalgic, so I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just looked at your linked posts to previous years and you look so perfect on your wedding day! A smiling,happy, pretty bride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm such a sap for anniversary posts, so I loved this! You and John are so adorable together - I LOVE that first shot of the two of you!! Happy (super belated) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete