Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Third Thursday - Wear Pink



Well, October is flying by and it's the Third Thursday already, so I'm linking up with Bri again.  The theme this month is all about wearing pink for breast cancer awareness month.  Perfect time to debut my new pink skirt from Old Navy. 

I think most of us probably have women in our lives who have fought this fight.  Both my mom and my aunt have battled breast cancer in the last decade.  If I think about it too much, odds are that I or my sisters will also end up dealing with it.  I'm so grateful for the medical advancements of the past several years and hope progress will continue so eventually cancer will not be such a scary diagnosis.  In the meantime, make sure you take care of yourselves and go to the doctor regularly!

That's a serious topic for a not very serious outfit.  This is one of those outfits that I felt great in all day, but then when editing photos, I don't think it's doing my figure any favors.  Heels probably would have helped.  

Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Tee: H&M
Necklace: F21(exactsimilar)
Skirt: Old Navy (this style in this color)
Shoes: Gap Factory

4 comments:

  1. love the grey and pink together. I'm have been wearing pink this whole month for breast cancer awareness. I also hosting BBCA(Blogging for Breast Cancer Awareness) Feel free to stop by and link your link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when that happens? And by that, I mean loving your outfit until you see it photographed? Story of my life lately. But I do think that skirt is so charming! It makes me sad that I got rid of a similar one this summer, but it was just too short :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breast cancer truly touches everyone and their lives.

    I actually like this! Especially the top. It doesn't make you look bad in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that skirt in polka dots. Isn't it SO DANG COMFORTABLE? I think so. If I knew where mine was in the midst of this move, I would dig it out for next week, but I'm at a loss. Also, I just read one of Kate's posts and she was wearing a snow leopard top. Your top looks like a snow leopard print. I feel like I'm missing out now.

    Now that I think about it, I think next week's Trendy Tuesday needs to be pink. Yea?

    ReplyDelete