Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, Husband




You guys, I get so sentimental around milestone days, like my husband's birthday (hint - that's today).  I've already shared my first memory of John.  My second specific memory is of his birthday that year.  I don't think we were super close friends on his birthday in 2004, but a group of people from the dorms was playing volleyball on the evening of the 6th, and the rec closed at midnight.  As we were walking back to the dorms, I decided that we had to celebrate John's birthday right that minute.  So I dragged him and another friend to IHOP for midnight birthday festivities (because we were really classy in college).  And then we got back to the dorms and stayed up way too late listening to music and making CDs (oh, 2004...).  No idea where my roommate was.  The next day, a group of us surprised him with ice cream cake from DQ.  I later learned that he doesn't really like ice cream cake all that much, but whatever.  It's the thought that counts.

Anyway, happy birthday to my favorite guy.  Here's to many more decades of birthdays together.  

And it's Tuesday, so you should also link up with Laura for Confident Twosday


Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Top: Gap (similar)
Necklace: F21 (exactsimilar)
Skirt: NY&Co (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (optionoption)

8 comments:

  1. Aw, this is sweet. I feel like I should write down more memories like this :)

    Happy birthday to him, and another great skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really sweet story. I miss doing spontaneous things like that in college. It's a bit more difficult in real life. Happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like ice cream cake is one of those things that people either love or hate. But iHop was the place to go in college. I once went with a small group after some dance hosted by a particular dorm. Waffles at midnight? Is there a better time? ha.

    Anyway, I like the grey and navy together. I should try that color combination out sometime. And once again, Happy Birthday to John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! It's always the thought that counts. Blue and gray are my favorites together, so I'm in love with this outfit. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your hubby! And your outfit is very cute today too! I love that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our hubby's birthdays are so close together! I love this sweet memory. And yay for iHop! You know... I actually don't think I have been since college. It is such a college spot (or was... I have no idea if college kids still go there). You look so cute - I love all the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to John! I love hearing people's memories of their spouses :) And oh my gosh, I love this outfit :) I really like to wear navy and gray together, so this is a total win!!

    ReplyDelete