Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Book Review - One More Thing


You probably know BJ Novak from playing Ryan on The Office (he also wrote and directed several episodes).  When I heard he had a book of short stories, I was interested, because he seems like a witty guy, and I like witty guys.  One More Thing definitely lived up to my expectations.  It was smart and funny and just really enjoyable.  Oh, and totally bizarre.  The first story is the other side of the story of the fabled race between the tortoise and the hare.  I read most of it out loud to John because I thought it was so hilarious.  He didn't object, so I think he thought it was funny, too.

I'm not normally drawn to short stories, but I really loved this book!

2 comments:

  1. I usually am pretty anti-short stories because I like the full development of a novel... but this one has intrigued me and I just might have to give it a try. Sounds like my husband might enjoy too - usually I can't get him to read fiction, and he has very limited time for pleasure reading, so witty and short might be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BJ Novak! He's so funny, and I've heard good things about this book. I don't typically like short stories either, but lately I've had a really short attention span for reading, so I wonder if a collection of short stories might be good for me until I get my reading motivation back!! :)

    ReplyDelete