Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Shrunk


Well, I'm pretty sure this dress is shorter than it used to be.  Probably because I ignore the "Dry Clean Only" care instructions and just wash it on delicate.  I mean, I don't put it in the dryer, so I'm surprised it shrunk, but these things happen.  Which is why I really shouldn't buy anything that says "Dry Clean" or "Hand Wash."  Or even "iron" if I'm being honest.

Do we think this dress would look okay with tights?  I'm worried the eyelets make it seem more summery and tights would look weird.  Maybe I'll have to try it and see.

Necklace: Old Navy (similar)
Cardigan: H&M (similar)
Dress: Daniel Cremieux (similar)
Belt: Steve Madden (similar)
Boots: Steve Madden (exact)

6 comments:

  1. It looks good with the black boots so I think black tights would look good with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally do tight with this dress. I feel the same way with clothes care instructions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, bummer! I think that since the eyelet is bigger that it would work with tights. You should try it and then show it to us so we can all see for ourselves :) Have you ever tried Dryel? It let's you "wash" dry clean only clothes by putting them in a bag with one of their wipes and then put it in the dryer. I've tried it and I think it worked pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it could work with tights! You never know until you try! But seriously, I think it will be fine because in the photos at least, the eyelets can look like polka dots? I have been there with things shrinking. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the previous commenters--I think this dress could definitely work with tights! I happen to be infatuated with black and green these days, so I think it would look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it would look cute with black tights! Try it out and see how it looks :) And I have certainly shrunk my fair share of things because I only "do" low maintenance clothes, and disregard the "hand wash only" and "dry clean only" tags. REBEL!

    ReplyDelete