Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

DIY Purse Refashion


 

I've been wanting a bright yellow purse for a few years.  I just think it's the perfect cheerful bag for summer.  On a recent trip to Goodwill, I saw this Liz Claiborne purse and loved the size, color, style - everything except the gold hardware with the flower/butterfly/LC designs on it. 

close up on the hardware

So, I decided to get the purse and be a little crafty!  I bought some chevron print fabric and mod podge and went to work!  


First I covered the big buckle with the chevron fabric.  Then I covered the little squares with the fabric, and it looked sloppy.  So, I decided to just paint them instead.  I had some gray acrylic paint leftover from this project, so I didn't even have to buy anything extra.

Here's the final result - I really like it! 

Have you ever DIY'ed a purse to make it more your style?  What other ideas do you have?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had the chance to DIY any of my purses or shoes yet, but I would love to. I think it's amazing how people redo certain things to make them up-to-date or to make it more their style. I love how you envisioned the purse a different way then made it happen. :) Great DIY! Love the yellow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chevron does add a little something to the bag....cool:)

    ReplyDelete