Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Closet Ultimatum #1 - Dyed Shirt



Yesterday, I introduced my "closet ultimatum" challenge idea.  So, here's my first outfit using an item from my summer ultimatum pile. This shirt is from Gap in 2009 - one of the Stella McCartney pieces.  It started out white, with the red chains.  I loved it, and wore it entirely too often. Here's a picture of the original: 


When the shirt got kind of dingy, I decided to try dying it.  I was hoping that the red would stay bright, and just the cotton would take the black dye.  It didn't turn out exactly as I hoped, but I still thought it looked okay.  Then I never wore it again.  Then I made my closet ultimatum pile and here we are.

Verdict:  This is a tough one for me.  I like it, and I think it actually looks pretty cute in this outfit.  I'm just worried I won't wear it very much, if at all.  I'm also wondering if I have some irrational sentimental attachment to it, since I loved it so much in its original form.

So, what do you think?  Keep or donate?  I don't think I should try consigning an item that I dyed!  Any ideas for other fun ways to style it?  I'm wondering if I could dress it up for work with a black pencil skirt and heels. 

Shirt: Gap (dyed by me)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Target

I'm also guest posting over at Simply Sarah today.  Go check out my tips on remixing a striped top!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andi,

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check it out at

    http://www.dayissenseofstyle.com/2012/08/nominee.html

    XOXO,
    Dayi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you dyed it and brought new life to it!

    -Alonna
    lonnaliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete