Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

How to Wear a Concert Tee to Work





I wanted to make sure you could see the robot

Since my office has a super casual dress code, I can pretty much wear whatever I want.  For some reason, I still feel like a rebel when I wear jeans and a t-shirt (even though everyone else does it all the time).  This usually happens on the days when I hit snooze a few too many times, and realize I have exactly 15 minutes to get ready for work if I'm going to make it to my first meeting.  We won't talk about what time that first meeting is.  Just pretend it's respectable, like 8am.

As I frantically brush my teeth, take a shower, do my hair and make-up, I think about how I should really pack my lunch the night before, and maybe even decide on an outfit.  Then I have to make a decision for the day.  Jeans are easy.  My new t-shirt from the Weezer concert a few weeks ago looks like a good idea.  I mean, a robot in argyle, playing a drum - what's not to love?  Then I felt too casual and remembered it was kind of cool outside, so I thought it was a good excuse to wear my new cardigan again.  (I'm telling you, this cardi is going to get worn A LOT in the next few months.)  Finally, I threw on my heels (because that makes any outfit feel a little more fancy), and I was out the door.   I didn't even look in the mirror!  And I made it to work with about 10 minutes to read emails before my meeting.  I call that a successful morning.

Cardigan: Old Navy
T-shirt: souvenir from Weezer concert
Jeans: Jessica Simpson via Von Maur
Shoes: Seychelles









2 comments:

  1. nice idea for casual fridays, i think the fitted cardigan sorta made the look office apt, love that its polka dotted :)
    ~ashy
    thezingofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ask you where you work because this seems quite casual. I work nowhere, so I wear whatever I want, haha. Except I'm trying to fix that "working nowhere" thing. (: (P.S. I dig concert tees.)

    ReplyDelete