Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Story of a Girl






I heard "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)" on the radio the other day, and was like "yeah, this is my jam!" and remembered my angsty teenage years, when I thought this was pretty much my theme song.  Probably every other 15 year old girl thought the same thing.  (No?  I'm just a weirdo?)

I mean, how was this not about me?
  • My hair never falls in quite the same way
  • I never run out of things to say
  • I "cried a river" pretty frequently - I'm an emotional girl!  It's gotten better, I promise.
Of course, I just ignored the lyrics that I didn't understand, or didn't apply to me (no holes in the soles of my shoes).  

Now that I'm older and wiser, I suspect songwriters just throw a bunch of quirky behavior into their lyrics, so every girl in the world will relate to the song.  I guess that's okay.  

Please tell me I'm not alone here - are there any songs you thought were about you?  Like every green-eyed girl in the world did with Coldplay's "Green Eyes"? 

Skirt and Cardigan: Gap
Tank Top: H&M
Shoes: BCBGeneration

3 comments: