Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Boot-Scootin' Boogie




I am super excited to link up with Bri Marie today for the first ever "Third Thursday Threads" party.  The theme of this month is BOOTS!   I bought these boots almost a year ago, and they were actually featured in my first ever outfit post!  I'm actually wearing the same shirt, too.  But my hair is way longer now!

Now for a story (that is kind of about boots) from my childhood.  The first country songs I really remember loving was "Boot Scootin' Boogie" by Brooks and Dunn.  I have no idea when this happened, but the song came out in 1992, so I'm guessing it was Labor Day weekend of that year.  We were down in Arkansas or Missouri for the annual family reunion.  One of my 2nd or 3rd cousins was a teenager and he had just gotten a new truck with a fancy sound system, so he was showing it off to the rest of the cousins, and he played Boot Scootin' Boogie for us.  I thought it was pretty cool.  Prior to that, I thought I didn't like country music, probably because I only knew Achy Breaky Heart.  Anyway, I was a pretty big country music fan throughout my elementary and middle school years.  My sister and I went to a bunch of really great concerts (wearing some really hideous outfits).  I don't have a lot of patience for current country music, but I will jam out to some 90's country!

What kind of music did you like when you were a kid? 

Blazer: Jones New York
Shirt: Sunny Leigh
Jeans: Jessica Simpson
Boots: BareTraps via DSW

3 comments:

  1. What a great memory!?!?! I listened to all kinds of music when I was younger - and I have a very random memory of the first time I heard "These Boots Were Made for Walkin'" - funny how we remember some things and can't keep others in our mind at all!!

    Love this outfit and SO glad you linked up with me today!! Can't wait to do another one next month already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute boots - I have a really similar pair (maybe the same?) from DSW from last year too, also Bare Traps. Sooo comfy! And the blazer is so pretty on you! Stopping over from Bri's linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete