Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rebellious




I was inspired to pair my animal print skirt with my animal face tee by this picture.  The main difference is that she looks chic and fabulous, and I just felt like a rebellious teenager from an 80's sitcom who went to a concert without her parents' permission.

Honestly, I was a pretty obedient teenager.  I was trying to think of rebellious things I did in high school and I couldn't come up with much.  I remember one week when I had been sick, but I was feeling better enough to go to school.  My mom told me to come straight home after school, but I swung by Best Buy to get the new Matchbox Twenty album that had come out that day.  Of course, I opened it immediately and was listening to it in the car on my drive home.  When I got home, my mom surprised me with the cd - which she saw at Sam's Club when she was grocery shopping.  She knew I wanted it, so she just picked it up for me.  Needless to say, I felt terrible and confessed right away!  This is probably why I didn't disobey very often - way too stressful!  

T-shirt: Target
Jacket: Izod
Skirt: J.Crew
Boots: BareTraps via DSW

2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest and a teenage mom's dream!!! I wish I wasn't rebellious as a kid...because I am going to get it back BIG TIME!!! Love this look...super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this skirt!! New follower from the Mingle Monday hop!!

    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete