Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up




For some reason, I don't get a day off for Presidents' Day!  I mean, government offices are all closed, so why do other companies stay open?  OUTRAGE!  Mostly kidding, although I wouldn't complain if my company added some more paid holidays to the calendar.  We are in that stretch after the holidays where we have to go to work every day for like 5 months straight.  Ridiculous.  Memorial Day needs to hurry up!

Anyway, at least we have weekends!  This weekend was pretty great (and low key).  Friday night, we just grilled steaks and had a nice dinner at home.  Saturday, we went to see The Monuments Men (Hint - it's not very good!).  Sunday was church, relaxing, and then a very fun hangout in the evening with church friends.  Pretty much any blank spaces in the weekend were spent sleeping, reading, blogging, or doing laundry.  Weekend of champions, I tell ya!

Oh, and this outfit is from mid-December.  It's another good example of wearing summer clothes in the winter!  Step 1 - add a cozy wool cardigan.  Step 2 - tights and boots.

Dress: Target
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Tights: Old Navy
Boots: Wanted

9 comments:

  1. I've never gotten President's Day off for work (and I work at a school)! I feel like the universe is angry about this since we are predicted to get 5-8 inches of snow today, too. I like your colorful dress! I have a few summer dresses I still need to wear this winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gorgeous hair, and there's something about a winterized summer dress that makes you go ahhhh (in a refreshing way, not a screaming way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me. A little bit of fun, good food, and relaxing! Great dress and I love this color on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I hate not having President's Day off! My husband has it and I don't :( Boo. Aaaanyway, I am glad you had a good weekend! It sounds like it was fun and relaxing. I really like the winterized summer dress - it's so nice to find clothes you can wear year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, working today too. Whomp, whomp. My parents like The Monument Men, now I guess we'll have to see it and decide how we'll weigh in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer that Monuments Men wasn't good. My husband has been wanting to see it, but I've been pushing him to wait until it gets to RedBox. This is a super pretty dress, I love that you can style it seamlessly into winter wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress. I need to wear one of my many summer dresses with cozy, warm layers like you did. I, too would want more paid holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress, I'm pretty sure I loved this in the store and hated it on myself. But it looks amazing on you, I'm jealous! (Oh and we were supposed to have today off, but with all the snow had to use it as a make-up day, booooo)

    ReplyDelete