Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Three Closet Orphans Combined




I love this scarf, but somehow it got buried under my other scarves and I haven't worn it in over a year (according to my blog archives, which are probably pretty accurate).  I'm happy to rescue it and start wearing it more regularly again.

The dress also got lost in my dresses.  I think I've been picking my black/white striped skirt more often and forgetting to grab the dress.  

The cardigan is a tricky one.  I bought it when Gap was having a Friends and Family sale, and I wasn't finding much, but I was just in the mood to buy something, so this cardigan came home with me.  It's a pretty thick/itchy wool fabric, but it's pastel purple.  So it's sort of confused about whether it belongs in winter or spring.

I wore this a few weeks ago, and then Heather posted a super similar outfit!   I guess great minds think alike when it comes to putting lavender and stripes with a floral scarf!  We must both be ready for spring to arrive. 

Scarf & Cardigan: Gap
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Limited
Boots: Steve Madden

10 comments:

  1. I am definitely ready for spring to arrive, ha ha! I really like this whole look. The pastel purple is really pretty and think it can work for any winter or spring. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and stripes are two of my favorite things, so you have my approval :) I think I keep my lavender cardi for colder spring/summer weather and sunny fall/winter weather. I'd say as long as it's grounded by something that is more of the current season (like your boots, or the dark dress), anything goes!

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color of your cardigan with that scarf! They definitely compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combo, Andi! So glad you were able to wear them again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I really like the color of this cardigan!! I guess if it's so itchy you really would need to wear it over long sleeves, which would make it more suited for cooler weather (like right now and in through early spring!) Great scarf too! Isn't it great to rediscover old favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the combination of this but also the cardigan color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time visiting! I am actually in search of a dress or skirt like this, love the fit! Also love how you referred to them as closet orphans...very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pastel in the winter is refreshing from all the darker colors...I love this outfit!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone who's wearing such lovely shades of purple makes me realize how much I want to wear a color I own very little of in my closet. (I laughed out loud at the cardigan being confused comment.)

    ReplyDelete