Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Budget Rewind - August 2013


August 2013 was a pretty good month for shopping.  I look at this collage and still have and like everything, so that's an accomplishment for 2 years ago!

Good
J.Crew factory chambray popover: $31 - I think the chambray has proved its worth over and over again.  
Love Culture Pink Sandals: $6 - this store randomly appeared at the mall and then disappeared just as fast.  It was kind of like Forever21 - cheap and mostly nothing I wouldn't of ever wear!  But I found these sandals and I love them!   Update - they still have a website.  And I'm pretty sure I had these shoes in 1998.  

Medium
J.Crew factory pencil skirt: $25 - online this skirt looked more red.  In person, more orangey.  And it was final sale.  I like it and have worn it quite a bit.  But it was probably foolish to spend $25 on a final sale item that was a gamble.  I need to try it on and see if it still fits, and then consider whether I will be needing pencil skirts as a stay-at-home mom.  
Loft Plum tank: $8 - I've worn this more than I've blogged it.  It's a little see-through, which isn't great, but I like the color and I think it fits nicely.  
Loft Paisley Cardigan: $12  - blogged 4 times.  This one is tricky because I LOVE IT.  But I hardly ever wear it.  What's up with that?  I need to wear it more!

Bad
Loft Orange/White stripe tank: $7 - I think I've worn this more than just the one time I blogged it.  I hope.  I think it's cute, so I should try to wear it more!

As far as budget rewinds go, not too shameful.  I'm already bracing for the shame of September 2013.   So make sure to come back next month for that post.  






3 comments:

  1. I was thinking this was a pretty good month for you because I feel like I'd seen a lot of these items on the blog enough to remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH those platform booties! I remember I wanted a pair sooo badly and then finally got one from Payless and was so jazzed. And then they were ridiculous. For some reason my mom held on to most of my shoes from middle/high school and made me decide this summer whether to donate them or not. Um. Yes. Send anything with platform far far away. (Who would have known that platforms are making their way back around again?) Also, hooray for a great rewind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love that paisley cardigan! I used to have a few cardigans like that that I LOVED but rarely wore. So...reluctantly, I got rid of them. I just find that colorful printed cardigans are just tough to incorporate into my closet, which is too bad :(

    ReplyDelete