Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Ode to a Dress



These days, I often thank my former self for buying so many skirts and dresses with flowy skirts!  This is a magical dress that fits no matter what size I am.  It's a "dry clean only" dress, but the first time I took it into the cleaners, they wanted to charge me $1 per pleat, to iron it.  And I was like, "um, this dress only cost $18. I'm not going to spend $100 to get it cleaned!" and I've been washing it on delicate and line drying it ever since.  And I don't even iron it, because I'm a rebel.  And I'm pretty sure it looks exactly like it did the first time I wore it on vacation back in 2013.  And now I want to go to the beach.  Babies love cruises, right??  (I'm joking - I think having a baby in a stateroom would be pretty awful!).

Oh, and if you are wondering why I was dressed up, it's because one of my friends got married!  YAY!

Dress: Limited
Belt: Madden
Shoes:Target

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors in this dress! I have a few magical pieces in my closet that always seem to fit me, and it's the best. Also purple + leopard is one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with the leopard flats! And yay for a "dry clean only" dress that doesn't require dry cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress any time you wear it. Good to know about washing it- my "dry clean only" items end up sitting in a basket FOREVER. Maybe I should just go ahead and wash them. I can't believe they were wanting to charge you per pleat! That is insane.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I go to wash something and discover that it's dry clean only - or worse - hand wash only. I've put a couple things in the wash on delicate cycle like that, some turned out okay, some were ruined. I guess that will teach me. I can't wait until there's some magic button you can press that will clean these high maintenance garments with absolutely no work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is one of the best dresses ever! I love how you look in it. What a bonus that it has been able to wash it as well! I tend to avoid things that are dry clean only (I'm cheap and lazy), but when I do discover that something I have is dry clean only after having purchased it, I typically try to wash it on delicate and hang it to dry, and most of the time, it's worked out well! :)

    ReplyDelete