Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Neglected Basic Black Sweater




I didn't realize this sweater was neglected until I wore it, and then I noticed I hadn't worn it in forever.  It's just a basic black v-neck sweater, so you'd think it would be a staple item, but apparently not.  I wore it in February, but prior to that, it had been over a year!  Granted, some of those months were summer, but still.  That's kind of crazy.  Anyway, I wanted to wear this skirt, and it was freezing out, so I layered on the leggings/sweater/scarf/boots combo to make it work.  Of course, this was like 2 weeks ago, and then this past week was basically summer (seriously, I had to turn the AC on in my car), so I'm at that awkward part of the year where being behind on blogging outfits actually matters.

So here's a Saturday post, to catch up a bit.  If you need me, I'll probably be outside enjoying the weather, or inside doing some kind of baby preparations.

Sweater & Scarf: Gap
Skirt & Leggings: Old Navy
Boots: Madden

3 comments:

  1. I love the bright pink skirt with all the black. I had been seriously neglecting my basic black sweater, mostly because it was kind of itchy but also just because I never thought about it when I was styling outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that scarf! I keep thinking my black sweater might be my best purchase of 2014, and I might end up using it for my Third Thursday Threads item. This is why "closet must have" lists are silly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own a black sweater (actually, I literally only have two sweaters in my closet right now...), and I don't feel like I'm missing out all that much. As much as I love to wear black, I'm so surprised I don't have one, though!! I really need to go through my closet and look for some neglected pieces to either wear or just get rid of...

    ReplyDelete