Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Random Winner



This is what I wore on Friday to work and then to dinner and Motown.  It was a very randomly thrown together outfit, but I absolutely loved it.  The thought process went something like this:

Hmm... it's cold outside, I should wear jeans.  No, I want to wear a dress for the show tonight.  But I'm so tired of wearing boots.  I'll try my footless tights and flats and just let my ankles freeze.  Okay.  Now what should I actually wear?  All my dresses that fit are in the laundry except for this gray one - yeah, I like that one.  And it will look okay with black tights, just add a black belt.  Sleeveless, so I will need something warm to layer.  Scan through my cardigan drawer - ooh, stripes!  Well, now I'm all gray and black.  Quick add a bright scarf!  And done.

And now you know all my deepest secrets for outfit planning.

Cardigan: Gap outlet
Scarf: Charming Charlie
Dress: Loft Maternity
Belt: Limited
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Target

6 comments:

  1. Sounds almost exactly like my thought process! Lol. You look amazing - I do love that bright pink scarf!
    Tea
    www.whatmamawear.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the pop of pink your outfit.

    www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that sounds pretty darn similar to my thought process these days... I am always in a hurry to get out the door so my outfits usually end up being pretty randomly thrown together. BUT the outfit really did turn out nice. So comfy but elegant. I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Seriously, I just want to know people's methodologies all the time. Please share with us more often! Also I really like your cardigan. I've said it once, I'll say it again. (I really like your cardigan.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love that dress, andi - and that cardigan looks like it was meant to go with it! i love when great outfits like this come together so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, that's what I totally do when I plan my outfits as well :) It's all based on what's clean and what would be interesting yet practical together :) I love the look of leggings/footless tights with flats and a dress :)

    ReplyDelete