Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Jeans Shopping - Loft

Remember like 2 weeks ago when I said I went to Loft after my Gap jeans shopping adventure?  I'm finally going to share my Loft story.

After Gap, I was fairly sure that I needed a size 16 for jeans, so I headed to Loft with that plan.  Guess what size they don't carry in stores?  So, I grabbed 14 in every style/fit option, and hoped for the best.  I was pretty sure none of them would fit.  And then they all fit!  Hooray!  Loft has a system that is based on leg shape and fit.  So, you have every combination.


The Modern Skinny was pretty good, but a little tight in the waist.


The Modern Straight seemed awkward.  I don't think I could wear boots over them, and I still think that's a priority this winter.


The Relaxed Skinny was just very bad.  This style is not doing me any favors.



The Curvy Straight was really comfortable, but I still didn't like the leg opening.


The Curvy Skinny was only available in my size in the light wash.  I loved the way these fit, but the color isn't super flattering.  I asked the sales associate if they had any in a darker wash, and she offered to order me some.  But then I asked if there were any sales going on, and no.  I'm not going to pay full price for jeans at a store I know regularly has 40% off sales.  So I waited patiently and ordered them a few days later.  I really like them!


But I can't decide if I should keep them or not.  On the one hand, I will need more than 1 pair of good jeans this winter, and I should probably have a pair that doesn't have holes in it.  But I'm hoping to keep losing weight, so do I really want 2 pairs that fit right now?  Or should I hold off and buy another pair of jeans later in the fall?  For now, I'm leaving the tags on these.


The Flare gets an honorable mention.  I might end up with these later in the year.  It's hard to adjust to the flared silhouette when I've been in skinny jeans for the past 5 or so years.  I just don't even know how to wear flared jeans in the snowy winter.  Are the hems just wet and salty all the time??  I vaguely remember this being a problem in college.

Anyway, those are my jeans shopping stories for now.  I wasn't sure how hard it would be, but I had success at both of the stores I visited.  Not too bad!

9 comments:

  1. The Loft Curvy Skinny and Flare really look good on you! I agree about issues with wear during the winter for flares. In college I would wear Doc Martens, but now what? I don't want to be teetering around in heels just to keep my hems dry either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding a fit! I've had good luck with Loft the past few years - something about their cut and fabrics have been wayyyy better than Gap. And when you get the 40% off the prices really aren't bad - I think it's worth having a pair you like for wearing now, even if your size changes later. And I'm with you on being a little scared of flares after this long in skinny jeans (bad memories of ripped seams from walking on them, ha)... but I like how those ones look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loft is definitely my go-to place for jeans--I'm pretty sure I own a pair of their modern skinny jeans in every color of the rainbow! I'm glad you found a fit and wash you like. I'm a little scared to go back to flares too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curvy line - every time I put on my curvy jeans, I think "uh oh, these aren't going to fit" and then they do. I have the straight leg, and they are a little awkward - which is why I wear them rolled up the majority of the time. I might take them in to get "skinnified" some day. I'll be ordering some dark skinnies some day soon.

    I like the flares the most. Like Laura, I wore (imitation) Doc Martens. Salt was inevitable. Maybe carrying a squirt bottle would keep them salt-free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like the flare best on you, it's great with your curves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh yes, the wet and salty flare pants bottoms from college! That WAS such a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best online shopping site.http://q.gs/91kIc

    ReplyDelete
  8. best online shopping site.http://q.gs/91kIc

    ReplyDelete
  9. best online shopping site.http://q.gs/91kIc

    ReplyDelete