Well, the Summer Book Challenge is over as of September (check out Megan's blog for more details), so here's my final list. I mostly finished, and not for lack of reading enough. I just didn't have many options in the category of "finish a book you couldn't get through the first time." Basically, if I stop reading a book, it's pretty bad. I shouldn't try again. Anyway, for anyone who is interested, here's my full final list of what I read for each category, and my rating of the books. I was pretty good at writing book review posts early in the summer, so I included links to my full reviews for those.
Read in May: 95 points
- 15 points: Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe - The Wives of Los Alamos (240 Pages) - 3 stars (my review)
- 25 points: Read a biography, autobiography or memoir - I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star (256 Pages) - 4 stars (my review)
- 25 points: Read a book written by a blogger - Hyperbole and a Half (384 pages) - 5 stars (my review)
- 30 points: Read a pair of books with antonyms in the titles - Where'd You Go, Bernadette (330 pages)-4 stars (my review) and Uganda Be Kidding Me (257 pages)-3 stars
- 5 points: Freebie! Read any book that is at least 200 pages long - The Rosie Project (295 pages) 5 stars! (my review)
- 10 points: Read a book from the children’s section of the library or bookstore - Walk Two Moons (280 Pages) - 4 stars
- 20 points: Read a book that was/will be adapted to film in 2014 - This is Where I Leave You (352 Pages) - 4 stars
- 20 points: Read a book with “son(s),” “daughter(s)” or “child(ren)” in the title - Cinderella Ate My Daughter (244 Pages) - 4 stars
- 15 points: Read a book that is on The New York Times' Best Sellers List - Landline (308 pages) - 4 stars
- 15 points: Read a book another blogger has already read for the challenge - Orphan Train (294 pages, 5 stars)
- 10 points: Read a book that was written before you were born - The House of Dies Drear (244 pages) - 2 stars
Total: 190 points (out of 200)
- 10 points: Finish reading a book you couldn't finish the first time around. (You must have at least 150 pages left in the book to use it for this category.)
- Some of My Best Friends Are Black: The Strange Story of Integration in America by Tanner Colby (320 Pages) - I started reading this again and just couldn't get into it. The topic is really interesting, but the writing is not. So I gave up. And I wasn't about to pick up Eat, Pray, Love again, so I'm skipping my final 10 points.
Have you read anything good this summer? So I can add it to my ever-growing list!
Top: Gap (similar, vaguely similar)
Necklace: F21 (exact, similar)
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (exact style in other colors)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar without captoe)