Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

#8 - This Shirt




I bought this shirt back in April.  It was $6 and I loved all the colors in it, and how the print is sort of floral, but not really.  Then I just kept wearing it with jeans.  So when I wore it with my white shorts for shorts week, I decided to really plan some outfits around it.  My first thought was all "pair it with white jeans!" which is basically exactly like wearing it with white shorts.  So I went for a bolder look and grabbed this reddish-orangey-coral skirt, which is the exact color of the smaller accents on the shirt.  And I officially loved it! 

But then my normal picture spot by the gym was full of people who actually parked their cars in the parking spots?!!  Who would do that?  So here I am in the bright sunshine with my purple sunglasses.  But I get extra points for remembering to take a close-up picture of my jewelry situation.  I usually wear a watch and one ring on my right hand, and then just my wedding/engagement rings on my left.  But this day - I added a bracelet and an extra ring.  Because I like to live on the edge.  One of my pearl rings is real (a gift from my parents for my 16th bday, I think?).  The other one was recently purchased in a 3-pack from Old Navy for about $3.  But I think they look good together. 


Cardigan: Gap (option, option)
Top: Gap (option)
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (exact style in other colors)
Shoes: Old Navy (option, option)

4 comments:

  1. The shirt goes perfectly with this skirt and I bet you could wear it with tons of other colored bottoms too! I always wind up wearing my watch and a bracelet on different wrists. Every time I try to wear them together they clang around and get twisted up and it bothers me too much (also why I don't wear more than one bracelet at a time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a prefect match. Gotta love love when that happens. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the skirt looks so nice with the shirt! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over the fact that you got that shirt for only $6. I really really love the way you styled it here. I could see you getting a lot of wear from this top by repeating this skirt+cardigan template!

    ReplyDelete