Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

April Shopping


At the beginning of April, I was hoping not to shop much.  Then I realized that I had almost no tops that would fit over my growing belly.  So, I adjusted my plan a bit.  Since the 2 pairs of shoes that I ordered from Target in March didn't work out, I had that gift card again to use, so I picked up a few maternity tops with that money. And then my sister came to visit and we did a little shopping, where I was able to find a handful of "normal" tops that fit now, and should be very comfortable in the months after the baby arrives.

Target:
Maternity black blouse: gift
Maternity Mint Tee: gift card
Maternity purple tank:  gift card

Gap factory
Blue striped hoodie: $15
Striped tanks (Mint and Yellow): $6 each

J.Crew Factory:
Mint tee: $5
Egret Tee: $10

H&M:
Giraffe Tank: $10
Blue floral tank: $10

Total Spent: $62

I feel pretty good about this month.  I'm still in that kind of awkward spot where I don't know what my body will be like for the next several months (or ever), so I'm trying to pick up pieces that should work no matter what size/shape I settle into this summer.  Lots of knits!

Link up with Fran and the other Budgeting Bloggers to share your April shopping stories!

5 comments:

  1. It seems like you got some really great basics to work with! I really can't imagine what it must feel like to go through so many body changes. You are shopping like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue and white top! It reminds me of the recent print Banana Republic came out with in one of every item (skirt, top, dress, etc). Also, I'm pretty sure I saw that giraffe tank at H&M and was *this* close to buying it. Knits and loose and flowy clothes sounds like the way to cope with the unknown of future body sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue floral top from H&M! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the blue and white floral tee and giraffe tanks from H&m and love both! Great choices
    www.citronetlimon.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knits for the win!! All of these pieces should be staples for you in the weeks and months after your little guy arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete