Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

One Thousand



This is my 1000th post!  I was kind of hoping it would line up with a baby announcement, but I guess not.  And I'm not quite crazy enough to stop posting and save the 1000th post for that.  I'm still just impatiently waiting for him to arrive.  And happy that I bought a few pairs of maternity shorts, because we are having warmer weather right now.  I wore this outfit last week to meet some friends for lunch, and check off important items from my pre-baby to-do list, like getting a manicure and pedicure.  That's why I'm wearing flip flips - otherwise, I probably would have worn these sandals.  

I feel like I should have some profound reflections on blogging for the 1000th post.  I kind of can't believe I've been at it this long.  When I started the blog in 2011, I wasn't really sure what I was doing, or what my focus would be (I'm not sure I know what I am doing even now).  I'm sure I had visions of more sewing and DIY type posts, but who has time for that?  I had no idea I would end up with some really awesome internet friends and even meet some of them!  I've never really had a goal for blogging; it's just something fun to do.  Of course, if anyone wants to start paying me or sending me free stuff, have your people call my people.  Oh wait, I don't have people.  Just email me or something.

As for the future, I really have no idea what to expect.  I don't intend to become a mommy blogger, but I don't know how interesting my outfits will be as a "leave the house whenever I want to mom."  I'm just going to see how things go, and maybe I'll post once a week instead of every day.  Either way, it will probably be pretty quiet around here whenever the baby actually shows up.  Because I've heard rumors that newborns kind of turn your whole world upside-down.

Top: Target Maternity
Shorts: Loft Maternity
Sandals: Havaianas

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on your 1,000th post :) I feel like I should create a Dr. Seuss rhyme for you or something, but I've got nothing. I saw that top at Target and am kind of kicking myself for not getting it when I saw it because stuff is not fitting the way it once did.

    You look GREAT, by the way. Your hair has been especially on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!!! 1000 is a HUGE number! Definitely would have been fun to make it a baby announcement, but then how would you EVER have topped that for post 2000?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1000 post. Can't wait to see where your blog goes after you have your little one.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a blogging milestone! Congrats! Also- I'm giddy that you're so close to having your little one! I hope at least you'll pop in with a quick picture and his name. I love that a mani/pedi was on your list of things to do :) and the print of these shorts is great!! Hoping that everything goes very smoothly for you and the babe!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! What's up with infants taking over lives? Not cool, babies. Not cool. But hooray for pedicures! And I hope you'll still have time at least to make yourself present on the blogosphere, but we'll understand if that doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i commend you for even knowing it was your 1000th post! i must be a bad blogger because i don't even pay attention to that stuff or when my blogging anniversary is. i hope to still see your face around the internet even after baby arrives!! glad you were able to get out for a fun day of friends and pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1000 posts! That's so awesome, Andi! You're one of my best blogging friends and I'm so glad this silly little hobby has introduced us to each other :) I think you look wonderful in this outfit - those shorts are so fun!

    ReplyDelete