If second trimester is when things started to feel real, then the third trimester is when things started to feel terrifying! Just knowing people who have had babies really early, I was so nervous that this kid could show up at any time. And we were not ready for him yet! And then I was very ready for him, and became impatient. Pretty typical, I suspect.
A few notable things:
- Week 29-34: weekly baby class at the hospital, which simultaneously made me feel more and less prepared to be a mother.
- Weeks 33, 35, 36: Baby showers!
- Week 35-40: Weekly doctor's appointments.
- Week 37: I am relieved to make it past the "early" stage, so now I'm ready for baby to show up whenever. Of course, he doesn't.
- Week 40: Due date comes and goes, but baby isn't going anywhere.
So now I'm sitting on the couch, typing one-handed as I snuggle my sweet 2.5 week old baby, and pregnancy seems like a very distant memory. Good thing I have pictures to remind me!